Mrs. Knight the Knight | Teen Ink

Mrs. Knight the Knight

By Dolphin_Girl BRONZE, Oakton, Virginia
Dolphin_Girl BRONZE, Oakton, Virginia

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life" John 3:16

I feel that my teacher, Michelle Knight, is worthy of my nomination. She teaches at The Newton School middle school for years. She teaches all 6th through 8th-grade students in at least one class. She teaches my science, reading, and writing. In reading, she finds amazing books, and amazing activities to go with them. She is kind and caring. I want to be a teacher when I grow up. In order to help me follow my dreams, she allows me to grade and organize some of my classmates’ work. I’m in 7th grade, and Mrs. Knight has been here for me since I first came to middle school. My school goes through 8th grade. Even though it would cut in on her income, she has encouraged me to go to my dream high school. The high school also teaches grades 4th through 8th. My current school is a liberal arts school, but my high school is a STEM school. I would need to go to 8th grade there in order to catch up before all of my grades are on the college transcript. Not only did she encourage me, but she also went to the school to check it out for herself. While I was in the application process, she was my teacher who gave a full recommendation. I got into the school thanks to her encouraging me to work hard. Now that I’m in, she is helping me become ready for a different school setting. She is giving me constant advice, caring encouragement, and the help I need for this to work out. In the meantime, I’ve been keeping up my grades well. Mrs. Knight does not hesitate to explain her lesson in a different way if needed. Her constant patience has helped me develop my patience. She loves all her students and helps them have better futures. She is still in touch with graduate students and helps them through their high-school years. When I’m having emotional trouble, her calming atmosphere allows me to thrive.

I really hope that my teacher, Michelle Knight, gets the reward she deserves.