My Educator of the Year | Teen Ink

My Educator of the Year

March 17, 2019
By Nightqueen14 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Nightqueen14 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind" - Dr. Suess


Have you ever had someone enter your life and completely change it? Someone who will not let you fail no matter how much you just want to give up, especially in a teacher? A few years ago, I met one of the coolest social studies teachers ever. This person made me want to learn, to expand my mind and to love school. Mrs.Victoria Seifred made me enjoy not only school but helped me see the good in life when I needed it most. Mrs.Seifred is the most unique, kind, funny and creative person I have ever met. There are so many reasons why I love and respect Mrs. Seifred so very much.


One of the many reasons why  Mrs. Seifred is such a great educator to society is because she was the first person to get me out of my comfort zone. For example, We had to do a project on anything related to the Civil War, and then present it to the class. I chose to do a Powerpoint Presentation on Women Suffragists during that time period. Everyday that the due date of the assignment got closer, I got more and more terrified. I tried to talk to her about my fear, but she said that I had to face my fear. Eventually, the due date arrived and I had to present my Powerpoint. I got up in front of my whole class and presented the Powerpoint. I couldn’t believe how well the response was when I was done. I got an A on my assignment which was absolutely amazing. This is just one reason why Mrs. Seifred is such an amazing educator.

 

Another reason why Mrs. Seifred is such a wonderful contribution to society is because she encourages learning and makes it enjoyable for all her students. When she would start to teach my class, she would talk to us about the current events around the world and encourage our thoughts about it. It made me feel intelligent and inspired me to become more aware of the world around me. When I began to read more about the world, I realized how much goes on that the world does not pay any attention too. It helped me gain the courage to talk about important things with my teachers and become close to them. There is still at least one more reason why Mrs. Seifred is a terrific educator.


Yet another reason why Mrs. Seifred is an outstanding educator to society is because she goes out of her way to help others. For example, I was out of school for almost a month due to an illness and Of course, I was very behind in my assignments which gave me tremendous stress. It was the part of the year where I had to start Social Studies, and I was afraid of how much work I had missed due to the fact that it was an Honors class. Mrs. Seifred was so kind and understanding towards me that she would allow me to sit in her room and get all my work done. Everyday I would sit in her room during our activity block period and do the work that I missed and Mrs. Seifred would help me whenever I needed it. If it wasn’t for her I do not know how I would have caught up in school. These are just a few of the many reasons why Mrs. Seifred is not only a great person, but an amazing educator.


In conclusion, There are so many words that I can say to describe Mrs. Victoria Seifred. She is caring, kind, sensitive, intelligent and funny. One of the many reasons why Mrs. Seifred is such a great educator to society is because she was the first person to get me out of my comfort zone. Another reason why Mrs. Seifred is such a wonderful contribution to society is because she encourages learning and makes it enjoyable for all her students. Yet another reason why Mrs. Seifred is an outstanding educator to society is because she goes out of her way to help others. Mrs. Victoria Seifred is one of the most amazing people to enter my life and I will never forget her.


The author's comments:

I wrote this for my 8th grade social studies teacher, Mrs. Seifred. I love her so much and I will nerver forget what an amazing person she was to me.