youtube star pewdiepie | Teen Ink

youtube star pewdiepie

By bakerlovespewds0328 PLATINUM, Elizabethtown, Kentucky
bakerlovespewds0328 PLATINUM, Elizabethtown, Kentucky

(strictly pletonic)

Felix Arvid Ulf Kjellberg (Swedish: [?fe?l?ks ?a?v?d ??lf ???l?bæ?j];[5] /?t??lb?r?/ CHEL-b?rg[6] or /?d??lb?r?/ JEL-b?rg;[7] born 24 October 1989), better known by his online alias Pewdiepie (/?pju?dipa?/ PEW-dee-py), is a Swedish video game commentator on YouTube. Pewdiepie specializes in Let's Play videos of the horror and action video game genres. His channel is one of the fastest growing YouTube channels, and as of December 2013 has over 17 million subscribers.[8] From August to November 2013, PewDiePie's channel was the most subscribed channel on YouTube, before being surpassed by the YouTube Spotlight channel.[9][10] Pewdiepie created his YouTube channel in April 2009. In 2012 PewDiePie's channel began to grow, reaching 1 million subscribers on 11 July 2012,[4] and 2 million subscribers in September 2012.[12] In February 2012, Pewdiepie ran for King of the Web, an online contest. He lost the overall title, however still became the "Gaming King of the Web" for the 1–15 February 2012 voting period.[13] During the following voting period, Pewdiepie won and donated his cash winnings to the World Wildlife Fund.[14] Pewdiepie has also spoken at Nonick Conference 2012.[15][16] In October 2012, OpenSlate ranked the Pewdiepie channel as the #1 YouTube channel by terms of "SlateScore".[17]
In April 2013, PewDiePie's channel grew to 6 million subscribers, as reported by the New York Times.[18] Pewdiepie later won the award for Most Popular Social Show,[19][20] competing against Jenna Marbles, Smosh and Toby Turner,[19] as well as the Swedish Social Star Award, at the inaugural Star count Social Stars Awards hosted in Singapore in May 2013.[21] He had also introduced the nominees for Most Popular Game during the live broadcast of the awards show.[22] In June 2013, the channel grew to 8 million,[23] and subsequently 9 million subscribers.[24] Throughout 2012 and 2013, PewDiePie's channel has been one of the fastest growing on YouTube.[25] PewDiePie's play through of The Last of Us was documented for leaving the usually vocal gamer, speechless at the ending.[26] In July 2013, he overtook Jenna Marbles as the second most subscribed YouTube channel, and surpassed the leading channel, Smash, on 15 August 2013.[9][27][28] By 1 November 2013, the channel reached 15 million subscribers.[29] However, on the following day, Pewdiepie was dethroned by YouTube's own channel at the top of the site's subscriber rankings.[30] In the same month, Pewdiepie stated his dislike for YouTube's new comment system.[31]
PewDiePie's channel main focus is his commentary and reactions to various games as he plays through them.[12][18] He is known for playing horror and action video games,[12][32][33] most notably Amnesia: The Dark Descent and its related mods.[34] Unlike conventional walkthroughs, his 'Let's Play' videos are devoted to "sharing gaming moments on YouTube with my bros"[35] His channel also supports independent game developers;[12][36] games featured by Pewdiepie often experience a substantial boost in sales.[37][38] Pewdiepie also began posting weekly vlogs starting from 2 September 2011.[39] Pewdiepie is originally from Sweden, although he later moved to live with his girlfriend, Marzia Bisognin (whose online alias is CutiePieMarzia), in her native country, Italy.[4] Bisognin is also a popular YouTube personality, having over 2 million subscribers on the website.[48]
He moved to the United Kingdom in July 2013 for better internet connection.[49] Pewdiepie is the son of former KappAhl CIO, Johanna Kjellberg, who was 2010 CIO of the Year in Sweden.[50]
Charitable actions
PewDiePie is involved in charity work for the World Wildlife Foundation and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.[12] PewDiePie also began a "Water Campaign" charity, where his fans could donate money, in honor and celebration of reaching 10 million subscribers.[51] PewDiePie had the goal of raising $250,000, however the charity raised over $450,000.[clarification needed][52]

PewDiePie often refers to his fans as the 'Bro Army', made up of his 'Bros'.[23][40] He typically performs a 'Brofist' at the end of each of his videos.[24] At the Social Star Awards, Pewdiepie deliberately went to greet his fans personally despite security warning him against doing so.[41]
PewDiePie's channel is under Polaris, a gaming network apart of Maker Studios, a multi-channel network that drives the growth of the channels under it.[42][43][44][45] His channel also appeals strongly to younger viewers, a group Google refers to as Generation C for their habits of "creation, curation, connection and community".[42]
Variety heavily criticized Pewdiepie, following becoming the most subscribed channel, describing his videos as "aggressive stupidity" and "psycho babble."[46]
Pewdiepie has been compared to Steve Jobs by Boise State University's student news publication, The Arbiter, stating "They are both leaders in their respective fields, they both have a large following of people who will consume their products, but one has a thorough knowledge of PewDiePie originally being from Sweden, although he later moved to live with his girlfriend, Marzia Bisognin (whose online alias is CutiePieMarzia), in her native country, Italy.[4] Bisognin is also a popular YouTube personality, having over 2 million subscribers on the website.[48]
PewDiePie is involved in charity work for the World Wildlife Foundation and St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.[12] PewDiePie also began a "Water Campaign" charity, where his fans could donate money, in honor and celebration of reaching 10 million subscribers.[51] Pewdiepie had the goal of raising $250,000, however the charity raised over $450,000.[clarification needed][52]

if you dont know pewdiepie,read this for knowlegde

Chromallo said...
Chromallo, Yorba Linda, California

People who have courage are free.

Please don't copy off Wikipedia or any online websites without permission.

22rbhattacharyya GOLD, State College, Pennsylvania

Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken -Orson Scott Card

Stop copying off wikipedia.

dabking101 said...
dabking101, Marrickville Metro, Arkansas
i hate my life and i hate my wife