singer and actress beyonce knowles | Teen Ink

singer and actress beyonce knowles

February 4, 2011
By littlewarrior BRONZE, Lagrange, North Carolina
littlewarrior BRONZE, Lagrange, North Carolina
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Born and raised in houston,tx. she enrolled in various performing arts schools and was first exposed to singing and dancing competitions as a child many know her as beyonce knowles.Beyonce Giselle knowles born on september 4,1981. Beyonce is an american pop/r&b singer, songwriter, actress and fashion designer. Knowles rose to fame in the late 1990s as the lead singer of the R&B girl group Destiny's Child. Destiny's Child was one of the world's best- selling girl group of all time.During the hiatus of Destiny's Child, Knowles released her debut solo album "Dangerously In Love" which is one of my most favorite albums she ever made.the best hits on that album were "crazy in love" and "baby boy".Following the group's disbandment in 2005, Knowles released B'day in 2006. It debuted at number one on the billboard charts and included the hits "Deja Vu",Irreplacable" and "Beautiful liar".Her third solo album i am sasha fierce released in 2008, included the anthemic "single ladies". The album and five of its singles, as well as the song "At Last",earned her six Grammy Awards, breaking the record for most grammy awards won by a female artist in one night.Knowles is one of the most honored artists by the Grammys, and third among female artists,with 16 awards—13 as a solo artist and three as a member of Destiny's Child.Knowles began her acting career in 2001, appearing in the musical film carmen: a hip hopera.In 2006, she starred in the lead role in the film adaptation of the 1981 broadway musical dreamgirls for which she earned two golden globe nominations.Knowles launched her family's fashion line, house of dereon in 2004,and has endorsed such brands as pepsi,tommy hilfiger,armani and loreal.In 2010 forbes ranked Knowles at number two on its list of the 100 Most Powerful and Influential Celebrities in the world.Time also included Knowles on its list of the "100 Most Influential People in the World".She is listed at number 52 on vh1's list of the 100 Greatest Artists of All Time and is named the second most influential artist of the 2000s decade by BET.Knowles is the only artist in history to have all her studio albums win the grammy award for best contemporary R&B album.She has attained five Billboard Hot 100 number one singles as a solo performer and four with Destiny's Child. In the United States, Knowles' has sold over 11.2 million albums and nearly twenty-five million singles.On December 11, 2009,billboard listed Knowles as the most successful female artist of the 2000s decade and also the top Radio Artist of the decade. In February 2010, the RIAA listed her as the top certified artist of the decade. in conclusion i would like to say beyonce has become a succesful young women in society.