Seventeen | Teen Ink

Seventeen

By Becca SILVER, Auburndale, Florida
Becca SILVER, Auburndale, Florida

I'm sorry I'm not perfect; that I'm crazy, and paranoid. I'm sorry I'm too emotional and yet not emotional enough. I'm sorry I'm not interesting, caring, or smart. I'm sorry that I'm still shattered from my past and I can't always take your jokes. I'm sorry I don't like your friends; I'm sorry I'm not their babysitter. I'm sorry that I have bad days; and that I keep it to myself. I'm sorry for standing up when you shot me down. I'm sorry for being insecure sometimes. I'm sorry I don't respect you and you me. I'm sorry for saying you weren't there when you were nowhere to be found. I'm sorry for being shy; for my 'lack of social skills.' I'm sorry for wearing too much makeup. I'm sorry for wearing plain clothes; I didn't think you cared. I'm sorry for my faith. I'm sorry for the music I like; I'm sorry it's the only thing that mends my heart. I'm sorry I'm always busy; that I don't like being around you. I'm sorry I don't drink, that I don't like the smell. I'm sorry I'm not a slut. I'm sorry I'm always stressed and tired out. I'm sorry I'm going places and work hard. I'm sorry you're not. I'm sorry I'm immature; that I take what you say seriously. I'm sorry that I remember everything you say. I'm sorry I grew up with a great family. I'm sorry I won't let you change me; that I don't always agree with you. I'm sorry that I prove you wrong; and that your friends are so dense. I'm sorry I can't take this anymore. I'm sorry you don't care.