The Shed | Teen Ink

The Shed

The sun was glimmering off of the shiny silvery metal. Looking at that metallic metal structure my eyes were blinded. The wind was howling through the trees blowing harder than ever. Our faces beat red from the cold wintery weather. The sound of my teeth chattering as I tried to talk echoed over the bog. The last installment was about to be on the shed. After months of painful building we were finally done. The sound of the driver driving the screws pounded through the hollow interior of the shed. The lock was almost installed. With two screws left to go I felt a sudden burst of joy run threw my body. It was the last day we would be working on the shed I couldn’t have been any happier. One more screw down and the shed kept looking brighter and brighter. We would no longer be working on the monstrosity any longer. As the last screw was screwed in everything around seemed to go silent. The wind stopped blowing. Every little bit of noise was silenced, except for the sound of the driver as the screw went in. It was the best sound I had heard in three months. The screw was all the way in and the shed seemed to radiate with happiness. We were down with the shed for the year.