Slip | Teen Ink

Slip

Slip
Last year after school, I was walking home with one if my best friends, Jenna. It was very frigid outside and the roads were covered in snow and ice. We were walking on the side of the road talking about how school went. Jenna told me that she got a B- in a math test that we took last week. I congratulated her. I told her that I didn’t know what I got on the test because my teacher hadn’t graded mine yet.
When walking on ice I am very unstable and I knew I shouldn’t have been walking on a road that was covered in ice. I was hoping and praying that I wouldn’t fall. Up ahead on the road was a huge piece of ice, and it was playing hide and go seek with me under the snow. The ice patch caught me by surprise, when I put my feet on the ice I started to fall but I caught myself, just in time too. I was about to crash land in the ground. As I took a few more steps I started to decline again and this time I couldn’t save myself from falling. I fell right on my butt. It hurt. It felt like I just fell on a big fat rock. When I looked up Jenna was laughing her head off. I told her to shut up or I would hurt her. She stopped laughing out loud, but I cold tell that she was laughing inside her head.
As I looked to my left a car was besides me and they had their window rolled down and they asked me if I was alright. I told them I was fine, even though my butt really hurt. They drove away. Then I slowly started to get up and of course I lost my footing again and this time I fell on my stomach. By this time Jenna was laughing so hard that she had to sit down on the side walk. Another car proceeded by and I could tell they were laughing at me because they had their finger pointed at me. I was so embarrassed! All I wanted to do was just curl up in a ball and run away. I then realized that if someone fell like I did, I would laugh too, but not when it’s me. I slowly but carefully, started to get up and I didn’t fall at all the whole way to my house. I was proud of myself. Later that night when my dad and I were watching TV, I told my dad what had happened. He laughed, of course. Then he told me what had happened to him when he was little. It was similar to what had happened to me. I was laughing when he told me his story. Then he told me that in a few years that I will laugh at it and what do you know I laugh whenever Jenna reminds me of it, but I am still embarrassed to tell my friends about it. When you fall you maybe be embarrassed like me, but you will laugh, eventually.

This was a very fun piece to write. It reminded me how much of a klutz I am. The reason i wrote this was because no one is perfect and sometimes people do funny, silly, stupid, and embarrassing things. We all will do something like this in our life time. Enjoy being human only once.