Me and My Monster | Teen Ink

Me and My Monster

December 11, 2008
By Anonymous

It was 6:45 in the morning as I walked down the front steps with my bag. I was headed to Seminary; sort of a morning youth group thing my church does on weekdays. It was bitter cold outside (and it had to be on the day I didn't have a clean sweater to wear). I folded my arms over my chest as the cold nipped at my face. As the gravel crunched beneath my feet, I heard a roaring-type noise coming from the cul-de-sac. I looked up from the ground and saw it.... huge, pale, and had eyes that glared in the dark like searchlights. It stared at me.... I stared at it... I continued walking, remembering that my mother had told me not to fear them when I was about 5. I was nearly to my neighbor's curved uphill driveway to get to the Seminary Building when I looked back...

It was staring me down. Its eyes were fixated on me as it charged at me. The glare in its eyes grew brighter and brighter. I could see my frail little body crushed into the gravel. My life began to flash before my eyes.......

Then the street sweeper turned to the right, continuing its course around the cul-de-sac.


The author's comments:
This is completely true! You may have just misinterpereted the word "monster"