When Life Puts You In Tough Situations, Don't Say “Why me?” Say “Try me!” | Teen Ink

When Life Puts You In Tough Situations, Don't Say “Why me?” Say “Try me!”

By rouguie bah BRONZE, Ny, New York
rouguie bah BRONZE, Ny, New York

Words couldn't describe how much I loved my grandmother. Today is a year since she died. I miss her so much. Hi my name is ty i am 21 years old. My grandmother raised me since i was 2 and a half years old. My mother past away when I was a baby. I stayed with my Dad till he start drinking and my grandmother took care of me since then. As a senior In college my grades are important to me. As the year went on last year January 3rd 2007 my grandmother was diagnosed with cancer. At my grandmothers death things were tough for me. I was a junior when she passed away. I graduated with masters to become a psychologist the year after. I went through a lot of stuff after her death. But being raised by an intelligent powerful woman I survived my way to become successful.

During the first month of her death I went back to my campass a week later after her funeral. KNOCK KNOCK !!!!!! I woke up to the sound of someone knocking on my door. I open the door seeing nobody but some flowers. I looked both ways to see if I can see the person who knocked but there was nobody there I took the flowers and closed the door. I read what was on the flower it was from my dad. I didn't know how to act at this point I called a number that was left on the card.

Me: Hello

?: hello ty its craig….. your father

Me: Oh my god dad ……. how are you

Craig: I’m okay sweet heart I just wanted to see you, … theres a lot we need to talk about!

Me: Umm...okay, but my class starts in an hour, so after class we can meet up at library.

Craig: Okay, baby i'll see you then ill be there at 2:00

Me: Okay, I’ll see then.

With that I hung up. I set on my bed and thought, “Since when did he get out? What was he gonna say to me after 15 years?” After class I went to the library to no one but my dad. I ran to him and hugged him. My dad is part spanish so he called me miha.

Dad: Miha, I missed you so much he said.

He had a big smile on his face. He offered me to sit next to him. I sat down, my dad took tn good seconde just staring at me. He looked at me and then he looked down. His smile turned into a fraone he started crying at first I go up and went to him I hugged him. And I said everything is okay know, everything is okay know. I went back to my seat and he left his head up and said where do I start. I senpe the rest of the day with my dad he talked about how he want me to move in with him after I graduate. I told him am thinking about it because im grown now and am I have a job and am looking for an apartment in cali. He said its my decision he he’ll agree with whatever I choose to do. My dad also talked about if I have find anyone I like. The answer was yes. I had been low key and dating alil but were friends and taking things slow. Their was this boy I had know since I was 14 me and him went to school together graduated high school together and about to graduate college together. His name is Trey.

One Year Later

Two years had past I live by myself in cali and my dad lives in atl with his new wife. After I graduated college me and trey lost communication ever since. But I had been working really hard. I still go to school for psychologist. I have a fashion show coming up for my upcoming clothing line. I had invited everyone from my old college that I know friends celebrities everyone. And tomorrow is my fashion show I have high hopes for this fashion show.

The next morning I got at 10 In the morning getting ready for this show. When I got up I did my morning routine. No makeup right now tho I said to kimmy. Kimmy is my assistant. I drove to the place where my show is taking place just check up on everything. Once I got their everything was ready the show does not start in another 2 hours and people are starting to come already. I got dressed and everything and got to the red carpet. The spotlight was on me I didn't know how to act. I was cheesing. When I got inside I had small chat with alot of my college and high school friends. But there was one person I was hoping that will come… trey. I just saw trey walking in I whispered to kimmy ( all hype and stuff) . After the fashion show me and trey talked and we went to a near by restaurant and talked. Ever since than me and trey been together

Me and Trey have been together since then he's an actor I'm a psychologist. Me and Trey moved in together and got married. Things went pretty well for 3 years. Me and Trey had twins together a boy and a girl Roc and Roci. As a everyday routine my kids go to school I go to work and my husband go to work as well. Usually after work I go and pick up my kids. one afternoon I was running late to get my kids from school. So I decided to call my husband and tell him to pick up the kids. Once I called him, he told me he is busy he can't. I called my kids teachers to let them know that I am running late to pick up the kids but I will be their in a few. when I called to say this the teachers told me someone just came to pick up the kids. As a mother I panic I was afraid I was scared. At that moment I thought my life had ended. I quickly called my husband and asked him if it was him who picked up the kids and he said no. I quickly rushed out of my office and ran to my car and called the police and reporting my kids I'm missing.

Its been two days I have not ate sleep went anywhere. The police kept asking questions after questions. And I was getting sick of it. So I decided to go and search for myself when I was inside my car I pray to God that my kids are okay At this moment after driving around and around the beautiful city of California I knew god was giving me a challenge. I knew I lost my first challenge which was paying my godmother bills for medicine. But this time I ready for anything. After a week of searching for roc and Rocsi I was losing my mind. The police told me and Trey that in 24 hours my kids will be here save and sound. But like any other parents me and trey knew that they were only saying that to calm us down. well it didn't work. One sunday morning me and my husband went out to look for my babes not knowing the police had found them and was bring them home.

As I was driving us I was not paying attention to the road I was driving fast . And at one moment my eyes were shut . My husband tried to keep driving but it was too late. Booom our car had hit a police car that had 5 people inside. 3 policemen and 2 kids. The next thing I knew I woke up in a bed. Once I opened my eyes I saw Roc and Roci and 3 policemen. They told me what had happened and everything . But no site of my husband. I asked the policemen he told me that he does not know. At this point the man that had my kids was locked up. Am in the Hospital with my kids but no one is telling me where is my husband is at or what had happened to him. Two hours past finally a doctor came in I asked him about my husband he said he's in critical condition. I asked if I can see him. The doctor lead me to where he was. I saw my baby laying down lifeless it brought tears to my eyes I know this guy for 5 years and I had never seen him look this bad ever .

One month later everything was back to normal my husband was perfectly fine .My kids were back I couldn't ask for more. As a muslim I prayed to god to forgive me for everything I did. I prayed and prayed I fast for a hole two mouths just to show god that I am thankful for everything and anything he had done for me. I prayed he bless me and my kids and my husband , ya allah I thank. This is when life had put me down I could face seeing anything bad happen again.

So please be thankful for what you have and thank the lord for everything he did for you. Don’t take anything for granted because you for you know it might just be gone. Life is a challenge and you have to know how to deal with this. Don’t let your battles down you have to stand up and face them .