full moon | Teen Ink

full moon

By mmaaddddiiee BRONZE, O&#39fallon, Missouri
mmaaddddiiee BRONZE, O&#39fallon, Missouri

Full Moon
There was only 15 minutes, before the craft store closed. A customer walked in wearing a plaid shirt and neon suspenders. He looked similar to a lumberjack, due to his long beard and dirty appearance. You could tell by the look on Maddies’ face, she was ready to go home. The customer quickly went up to the registers.
“Hello sir! Are you ready to check out?” Maddie says in the nicest way possible.

“Ma'am… I am a scientist. I have just invented this amazing contraption that I now call “Glitter In Hand Sanitizer.” the customer announced.
He reached for a small bottle in his pocket and waved it in front of Maddie’s face.
“I take these little bottles of hand sanitizer from bath and body works and I add glitter to them. Then I sell them to Europeans on ebay for tons of money.”

“I’m pretty sure that’s illegal,” Maddie thought to herself.
“What I need to know from you, is where your glitter is.”
“It’s on the side wall of the store, by the American Girl Doll stuff.” Maddie quickly replied.

Not even a minute later, he comes back up to the registers with a mean look on his face. The customer was mad.
“Who doesn't sell buckets of glitter?” he thought to himself. “I’m going to yell at that cashier and see where they are hiding all of the buckets of glitter.”
“Where are your buckets of glitter?” the customer screamed.

“I’m sorry, we don't have that sir; we do, however, have small containers of glitter. Do you think that would work for your experiments?”
“What? I need at least 50 of buckets of glitter! Is that hard to understand? I need to talk to a manager right now.”
By this time the craft store was closed and the lights were off. A manager came up to the customer and asked what the problem was.
“You don't sell buckets of glitter!” the crazy man yelled.
“No we do not, that is correct, sir.”
“I need around 50 buckets of glitter for my experiments and you don't have them.”
“We can order as much glitter as you want but we don't sell them in buckets.”
“You see here, miss, I am a scientist and…” He repeats his story to the manager while Maddie stares into space. You could tell she didn't want to be there any longer.
“Sir…” The manager says trying to calm him down. “We don't sell buckets of glitter, I’m sorry.”

The customer stomped out of the store in an angry rage. He got back in his truck and went straight to his lab to conduct more experiments on hand sanitizer. Maddie and the manager instantly started laughing at the the crazy customer they experienced.

“Jeez, it must be a full moon tonight! It always brings out the weirdos!” the manager said jokingly.

Maddie and the manager cleaned up the rest of the store and left shortly after.

This is a true story!