My Poor Camelbak | Teen Ink

My Poor Camelbak

January 6, 2014
By Molly Kocian BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
Molly Kocian BRONZE, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

To Whom It May Concern:
As an avid golfer, hiker, and kayaker, your water bottles have been the perfect thing to tuck in my golf bag, stick in my backpack, or strap on to my kayak. When those hot summer days in Wisconsin are in full swing, your water bottles are life savers!

Recently, I purchased one of your water bottles from Target in Delafield, Wisconsin. For the first month, this was my go-to, reusable water bottle. But that water bottle has met its match—my dishwasher. I noticed the nooks and crannies of the water bottle were getting a little dirty, so I put it in the dishwasher, as I had done many times before. But this time, when I took it out, the nozzle was not even connected to the bottle. I tried to put it back in but soon realized a little piece of plastic (that holds the nozzle) in place had broken off and was nowhere to be found.

I was very upset. I loved that water bottle; it was perfect for golf practice each day! I have had no problems in the past with your products and my family and I still stay loyal to your brand and because of this I am hoping you can help me begin to enjoy your awesome water bottles once again by replacing my current, broken bottle (eddy .75L) with a new bottle (Purple eddy .75 or Groove .75).

If you would like to contact me, you can reach me at (email address) or at the address listed above. Thank you for your time today!


The author's comments:
I wrote this letter to Camelbak because the assignment was to write an advocacy letter to someone asking them for or to do something. I wrote to Camelback because my newly purchased water bottle had broke very easily, and I was very upset.