Advocacy Letter | Teen Ink

Advocacy Letter

By Nathanael Zakreski BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Nathanael Zakreski BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

November 13th, 2013

625 Westport Parkway
Grapevine, TX 76051
C/O Tony Bartel

Dear Mr. Tony Bartel:
I am a customer at my local Gamestop in Delafield, Wisconsin, and a PowerUp Rewards card member. I enjoy all that the store has to offer with its wide variety of games for any console and that is why I enjoy going there. I personally think that the Gamestop franchise does a great job bringing gaming to the people; however, I would like you to have better trade in policies that involve giving more money back to customers when they return a game.

For the five years I have lived in Wisconsin, I have been to Gamestop countless times to return old games that I don’t play. I received very little money for the games I returned, especially for the games I bought only a few weeks ago when they came out. This made me very unhappy. I am proposing an idea that will bring better customer satisfaction to the company. I propose that when somebody returns a game they bought within the last two months they should get twenty-five percent of their money back as compared to eight percent. This will bring better and more customer satisfaction as well as more PowerUp Reward Card Members to all the Gamestop stores around. Maintaining high customer satisfaction is important when running a successful company.

Gamestop’s motto is to give “Power to the Players” and if this is completely true, you would help customers like me by making this change. As president of Gamestop, you have the authority to make this happen. Your number one goal is to keep the customers of the franchise happy.

If you wish to contact me, my home address is above. Thank you for your consideration.

The fact that I wanted to change something that could perhaps help me and others is the reason I wrote this.