Writing Essay | Teen Ink

Writing Essay

By Haley Amann BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
Haley Amann BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Writing hasn’t always been my strength but it hasn’t been a weakness. I feel that in writing you can be yourself and write about what you want. You don’t have to follow a certain guideline. You get to make the writing piece your own.
I feel that in this class so far, I am able to write what I want to. I like the fact that you give us a beginning and we write from there. For example the name piece, we had to write about ourselves but it could be on anything. It makes writing the piece easier to do. It also makes having success in the class that easier.
The success I have had in the class is starting with a topic I know and going from there. I feel that I’m good at coming up with a topic so I don’t have to wait to write. The failure I think is some of the grammar problems. I don’t have all of the grammar in order so that makes it hard. And I always seem to need more detail.
I have to remember that adding detail isn’t a bad thing. And it makes the piece that much easier to relate to. The reader can relate to what I have to say and it makes it that more interesting. People will want to read what I have to say when I add detail. And I will have more fun to write the piece.
Writing has changed for me since I started this course. I now know that if I relate to the piece it comes easy to write. And I learned that reading your piece over and over again will not catch all of the errors. That when you have somebody else read it, it becomes that much stronger. I now feel that writing isn’t a chore anymore, just a way to express yourself and who you are. You can tell how that person is by the way that they write. I also now have stronger essays in my other classes because of this class.
In my economics class we started off the semester summarizing and writing about an article that related to the topic we were talking about. I found it hard to summarize the simple essay that he was asking us to do. When I got it back, I had a good grade on it but with grammar errors. I now have just written another essay about a different article on supply and demand. I wrote that essay fast and with few grammar errors. Even in this short amount of time in this class I have strengthen my essays. I now have little grammar errors and the essay has strength within it. I give examples on only what I can write and it makes my essay stronger.
You have to make the piece you’re writing yours. I now know what to look for in my pieces I’m writing to make it stronger. I feel that taking this class has gotten even better grades on writing. I now know that if I’m the only one that can write the essay or piece it will sound better. Also my grammar has gone up, since I now re-read everything twice to make sure it sounds good. If I would recommend a class to someone, this would be in the top two. This will help me in my college dreams and in my future job.