My First Day of School | Teen Ink

My First Day of School

My first day of 11th grade was made me so nervous and anxious but at the same time I was excited because I was getting more close to being a senior. I remember being a freshman like it was yesterday. The night before I was just thinking who I had in my classes, how my teachers were, if I wouldn’t like anyone, if I would like it this year, ect. I was just hoping this year was going to be good and I was going to do really good. I set that for a goal for myself.

On the first day of school I walked into the school and seen a couple of my friends, so I went up to them. We just hung out until the bell rang, looking at each others schedules seeing if we had any classes together. I looked over my schedule and noticed I had English 10 first, at first I was mad because I had a class with all 10th graders but when I went in there it wasn’t that bad. Throughout the day it got so hot and school was taking so long! All I could think about was going home!

School started on a B day, so I had English 10, English 11, Chorus, then Digital media. When I seen chorus I was mad, so I went to Mr.Murphy and asked if I can switch classes, he told me to stick it out for 2 weeks to see if I would like it. I went back to him two weeks later and he switched me to aiding with Mrs.Spits. I have a easy day, and I was happy because of it. Ever since then I like all my classes, I don’t have any problems with any of them.

My classes this year aren’t hard at all. I would of thought my classes this year would be hard! The only thing that’s hard is balancing them all together because I get homework for most of my classes and mostly on the same days. The only hard one I have is math, which has always been my weak class. My best class has to probably be digital media. Im trying so hard this year with my classes, im passing most of them except like 2 or 3, I need to pull those grades up! Im expecting all passing grades! No F’s or D’s.

So overall I over thought my first day of school. I thought my first day would have been scary. It wasn’t scary at all, but I was anxious the whole day. I honestly thought I would hate this year, but so far its going really well. I just hope it stays that way. I was nervous for the first day for no reason, it felt like a regular day because I knew half my teachers so that made me really comfortable.