Saying Goodbye | Teen Ink

Saying Goodbye

I remember the last time I saw him before he left far far away from here like it was just yesterday. It was actually about a month ago and yet I remember it like it just happened. I remember the sad look in his watery eyes as he walked away from me. I now realize how foolish it was for me to think I could stop him by holding on very tightly to his hand. Nothing could stop him from leaving…not my hand, not my tears, or the love he said he felt for me. This time was different from my past experiences, it was really hard having to say goodbye to him after all the time we had spent together. He became part of my life and now that he’s gone it feels like there’s something missing in my life. Like there’s an empty hole in my heart. However, before he left he promised me he’d come back one day. Maybe he will, maybe he won’t. But if he does come back, will it be the same? I guess only time will tell and for now I’ll just have to get used to the idea that he’s gone and try to move on. It’s going to be hard but I know I’ll make it through. Not all fairy tales end happily ever after, a least not for now.