An Angel is Born | Teen Ink

An Angel is Born

The mumbling was faint to me as I awoke to it. I could feel my disturbed, curly, black, hair against my tan skin. I could barely open my eyes as I struggled to see the green distant and digital numbers. It was 3:26 in the morning. I looked over at my mom who happened to be on the phone. As if I wasn’t confused enough about her being on the phone at 3:30 in the morning, she tells me, “Get up get dressed. Come on come on come on!”
I was silent yet quick to get ready and get in the car, when after a few minutes my suspense got to me. “What’s going on?” I asked. She tells me what I least expect with a sound in her voice that was unusual, “Your aunts in labor”. I didn’t no what to say. I was to happy to talk.
Speechless I sat with the same smile on my face for quite some time. I thought to myself, my first cousin is going to be born, A little baby girl. Plus I haven’t been to Raleigh to see my aunt and uncle, which I was assuming that’s who we were going to see, since we found out about the baby. I was ecstatic.
After two hours in the small, hot car with my mom and Uncle Danny, I was happy when we finally arrived at wake med hospital. When we walked into the huge building, our feet pitter-pattered on the concrete tile floors. My uncle chase was in the waiting room hands locked together and elbows on knees. He looked to us with a surprised look yet with a bit of worry in his bright green eyes.
After hours of waiting in the cold waiting room, mom comes out and tells us that there are some problems. The baby is having trouble being delivered. They are going to have to do a c-section. I had remembered when I held my aunts hand just before the delivery and said I love u and you’ll do great.
We were so concerned, people paced with fear. We all waited for another update. After waiting for about half an hour mom approaches us with gloves, takes a deep breath, and says the baby is delivered the both fine. We trembled happily at the thought of it.
My uncle took us in 1 by 1 to see the newborn. Ill never forget the first time I saw her pail, fragile fingers reaching for the stars.
I had held her and I loved how she was determined to put of her fingers all the way around mine. I looked into her beautiful blue eyes, grined, and felt how I had never felt before.
That day I learned how important family was and how important it was that you all stay together and stay strong. That is the most important thing to do at times. When your down or going threw a rough time remember family will always be there for you.