My First Travel Soccer Game | Teen Ink

My First Travel Soccer Game

I ran down the line with the ball at my feet, I could see the defender running hard after me, I knew I had only a little time to get the shot off.

The game was at Kalamazoo soccer center and on the way over I thought to myself, I don't want to get a red card in this game because it's my first soccer game. When we finally got there, I was so nervous the blindest person in the would could have seen that ten miles away. I started to talk to my friend Travis, then we started warm-ups I took one shot and the coach saw the shot, and I got to take all the free kicks in the game. I was so prod of myself.

Finally the game started. I was named captain along with my friend, Tom. We won the toss so we picked our end, then the game started. I was put on sweeper (defense) and that's my favorite position. So after the first half was done and surprisingly we were still tried at zero-zero. I was so tired,

my jersey was so wet that it looked liked I was playing in the rain.

The second half was starting. Again I was put on sweeper but the other team right off the bat came down and scored four goals in five minutes so I asked for a sub so I could sit down and rest for a few minutes. After I was done resting, I was put on forward. So I ran onto the field and waited for the ball to be passed me. About five minutes later I got the ball.

I ran down the field the line with the ball at my feet. I looked back to find the defender was right behind me. I only have a little time to get the shot off, I thought. but then a defender I didn't see came over and hit me I was able to keep the at my feet and not go all the way down to the ground but the defender behind me was catching up fast so I continued to the goal. The goalie was smaller than a mouse. I saw that and with my left foot I put the ball in the upper left hand corner. Goallllllllllll I was gemming with pride even though we lost nine to one I thought I did well.

peen boy said...
i rike yur stury

Risk101 said...
I loved how everyones been posting comments and love mattawan and soccer GO BLUE

HEY YALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Platinum said...
OOOOOOOOOOOOO YA!!!!!

Platinum said...
Ello Bob Saget

Platinum said...
We're all in the same class.

BOB SAGET said...
O YA this story is sweet

Risk101 said...
Where all in the same grade yah

OKDDDD said...
OOOOOOOOOO YYYYYYYAAAAAAAA I <3 MATTAWAN

Risk101 said...
Yah go Mattawan

Platinum said...
You got dat right! MATTAWAN FOREVER!

BOB SHRIMP said...
AWESOME MAN I LOVE THIS STORY AND MATTAWAN IS SO SWEET!!!!!!!

Risk101 said...
Hey im from mattawan to that was a good story about your first goal in soccer even thow you lost and im about to go in travel so i hope i do good.