Music changing the world | Teen Ink

Music changing the world

August 8, 2012
By AnneElliot PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado
AnneElliot PLATINUM, Parker, Colorado
22 articles 1 photo 35 comments

Favorite Quote:
"He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot loose." ~ Jim Elliot


Have you ever wanted to change the world?

Could changing the world be as simple as being selective about the music you listen to?

Peacebeats--a website created just for music fans--is centered around these two questions. Musicians around the world are campaigning for change, but discovering which musicians are campaigning for certain causes is not easy. Who is fighting hunger? Slavery? Poverty? Peacebeats.org organizes musicians by cause and genre, allowing fans to find and connect with their favorite musicians and causes.

Peacebeats doesn't just list musicians making a difference; in addition, Peacebeats hosts a calendar dedicated to charitable music events and an online shop that supports musicians who are making a difference. Finally, each musician's page lists ways fans can jump in and join efforts to change the world.

It is possible to change the world by changing the music you listen to. Are you?


The author's comments:
I started Peacebeats when I was looking for musicians who were making a difference and realized there was no website that simply listed who was supporting which causes. I hope it's helpful for students looking for ways to support charity through music!