It's Easy to Say I Love You | Teen Ink

It's Easy to Say I Love You

By Indilove GOLD, Kenockee, Michigan
Indilove GOLD, Kenockee, Michigan

No one is your strength or guidance. If life is what you wish to live then do not bind your soul to something unreal. The creater nor the keeper can heal you for it is blind faith that leads you.

Walking in a sea of grass, pick a single blade. Hold it close to your heart and say I love you. You don't have to mean it but as long as it's been said you might as well have.
You'll take that blade of grass everywhere with you because you said you loved it. Everyone will want to hear about it, everyone will be jealous. You'll pretty much be famous, all because you said I love you.
After awhile that blade of grass will start to change. It will no longer be lively and green or smell so sweetly. After awhile no one will care so much anymore.
You said you loved this piece of grass therefore your love shouldn't stop due to its sudden changes. You shouldn't be able to take back such a bound promise as I love you.
But you will because you are young and foolish. You will carelessly throw away the piece of grass and simply pick another.
Why?
Because it's too easy to say I love you.

I was inspired to write this because of my best friend picking up and dropping girls like it's nothing. He doesn't care and neither do a lot of other people. It shouldn't be so easy to say those three words that mean so much. Comment please:)

dmartin2070 BRONZE, Sterling City, Texas

"pain is temporary, quitting lasts forever" - Lance
"a trying time is no time to quit;- Unknown
'"Fight it or accept it, fear it or control it"-Unknown
"Just when you think it can get worse it can, and just when you think it can go good it can.

Yes exactly I know what it feels like because one of my friends is like that. I hate when guys think they can get any girl guys can be jerks

Indilove GOLD said...
Indilove GOLD, Kenockee, Michigan

Thx so much! He's gettin better lol as maturity kicks in but that's a guy for ya! hahaha thx for enjoying my work i appreciate it!!!!!

on Jun. 15 2012 at 8:26 am
RedFeather GOLD, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Prose is like walking but poetry is like dancing.
—Paul Valery, poet (1871 - 1945)

Great work! I loved your metaphor in the poem, and I totally agree with you! I hope your friend has learned his lesson by now and has stopped picking grass blades.