It's Easy to Say I Love You | Teen Ink

It's Easy to Say I Love You

May 29, 2012
By Indilove GOLD, Kenockee, Michigan
Indilove GOLD, Kenockee, Michigan
17 articles 0 photos 71 comments

Favorite Quote:
No one is your strength or guidance. If life is what you wish to live then do not bind your soul to something unreal. The creater nor the keeper can heal you for it is blind faith that leads you.


Walking in a sea of grass, pick a single blade. Hold it close to your heart and say I love you. You don't have to mean it but as long as it's been said you might as well have.
You'll take that blade of grass everywhere with you because you said you loved it. Everyone will want to hear about it, everyone will be jealous. You'll pretty much be famous, all because you said I love you.
After awhile that blade of grass will start to change. It will no longer be lively and green or smell so sweetly. After awhile no one will care so much anymore.
You said you loved this piece of grass therefore your love shouldn't stop due to its sudden changes. You shouldn't be able to take back such a bound promise as I love you.
But you will because you are young and foolish. You will carelessly throw away the piece of grass and simply pick another.
Why?
Because it's too easy to say I love you.


The author's comments:
I was inspired to write this because of my best friend picking up and dropping girls like it's nothing. He doesn't care and neither do a lot of other people. It shouldn't be so easy to say those three words that mean so much. Comment please:)