The First Candy Cane | Teen Ink

The First Candy Cane

November 26, 2011
By camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
camohunter19 GOLD, Sedro-Woolley, Washington
14 articles 13 photos 128 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Girls are so queer you never know what they mean. They say No when they mean Yes, and drive a man out of his wits for the fun of it." "Violence is never the answer! It is a question, and the answer is yes."


When I first think of my favorite Christmas tradition, I think of opening my first Christmas present on Christmas Eve, or hot chocolate and cinnamon rolls on Christmas Morning. But when I think deeper it’s the first candy cane that means the most to me. It signifies the beginning of that warm feeling you get so often between Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, like nothing in the world can touch you. It signifies the beginning of snow-filled driveways; of snowball fights where you spot your boyfriend or girlfriend and tackle the surprised one. Then hiding in the snow you slowly kiss and come up giggling. It signifies the beginning of driving around just to look at all the lights. It signifies watching snow fall, and lounging around watching movies with your loved ones. So yeah, the first candy cane is pretty cool.


The author's comments:
"...the first candy cane is pretty cool."