My narrow escape | Teen Ink

My narrow escape

By AivatNna BRONZE, New York
AivatNna BRONZE, New York

"As happy as a turtle on an conveyor belt"

After eating my salad, my stomach still longed for something more. Let’s face it, eating some grass with some watery “dressing” (as they call it) just isn’t enough to fill the stomach. So, I devised a plan. While everyone was busy, I snuck into the kitchen and slowly peeled back the plastic on the Oreo cookie package. I reached in to grab the cookies, but my sister walked into the kitchen to get something to drink. In a quick defense I slipped my hands into my pockets and looked at her casually. I tried to keep my cool while waiting for her to go away, and hoped she wasn’t going to see the opened cookie package. After an agonizing minute, she left the kitchen. I snatched up three cookies, plopped them into my pocket, slapped the plastic back down, and rushed down the hallway to my room where I closed and locked the door behind me. In my excitement over the glorious feat, I shoved the cookies into my mouth and they were devoured within a few seconds. Now regretting my hasty actions, I started to plan my next attack on some ice-cream in the freezer. This, was gonna get sticky.

MonkeyGirl said...
MonkeyGirl, Newburgh, New York

"Never Judge A Book By Its Cover"

Its a cute, short story! Made me giggle ;)