Thank You | Teen Ink

Thank You

April 24, 2011
By SimplyA GOLD, Marshalltown, Iowa
SimplyA GOLD, Marshalltown, Iowa
11 articles 6 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"You know you've got it, if it makes you feel good." -Janice Joplin


Thank you for cloudy days. Thank you for bad movies, horrible songs, and ugly t-shirts. Thank you for bad reception. Thank you for gray. Thank you for slow buffering. Thank you for pointless girl fights, s*** boyfriends and stale bread. Thank you for the common cold. Thank you for losing my voice before an audition. Thank you for a bad grade, a flat tire, and high gas prices. Thank you for an unflattering photo. Thank you for acne, depression, and calories. Thank you for unnecessary yelling. Thank you for sweltering Iowa summers. Thank you for chipped nails, library fines and broken hearts. Thank you for taxes. Thank you for phone bills. Thank you for poverty, old milk, and lying politicians. Thank you for wars. Thank you for headaches. Thank you for dead batteries, substitute teachers and the bird outside my window that wakes me up at four in the morning. Thank you for divorces. Thank you for long lines. Thank you for global warming, paper cuts and flimsy hair ties. Thank you for opera. Thank you for icy showers. Thank you for motion sickness, naked trees and burnt toast. Thank you for cold shoulders. Thank you for decaffeinated coffee. Thank you for eraser-less pencils.

Thank you for everything inconvenient; without them, I wouldn’t know true happiness.