Teen Depression | Teen Ink

Teen Depression

By RandyA. GOLD, Bergenfield, New Jersey
RandyA. GOLD, Bergenfield, New Jersey

What goes up must come down

There are a lot of reasons why teens get depressed. In the society we live in today, teens are uncontrolled with their life. Some teens depression would be based on peer pressure, parents divorcing, being popular and other situation. I want to talk about students at the age of fifteen and sixteen being depressed. In high school popularity depresses students. Everybody wants to be the cool kid, with the girls over them. Student's also wants to be recognize by buying new clothes, changing their attitude and being somehing they not. If kids don't become popular they turn out smoking and drinking which leads them to another road. High school is like a big thing for students. Everyone wants to be noticed. There is nothing wrong if you not popular. You don't need to be popular to be liked. Be your self and act like you. Teens also get depressed by when a family member dies. As close as a love one would be with a son or daughter, that child would be very depressed if death occurs. If the child doesn't stay strong, the death of the family member will destroy them. The death would destroy the child by making them hopeless and will also bring them down. In society, there are many reasons why teens are down failed. When girls are depressed, they cry and make it obvious. For guys we turn out to listen to music or take our anger on other people. It a stupid idea but guy don't act depressed at all. It great how If something happens, there are people that we speak to and get well.

IN this world we live today, little situations upset teenagers.