We Are Freaks | Teen Ink

We Are Freaks

By melissamaym GOLD, Oceanside, California
melissamaym GOLD, Oceanside, California

"The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease forever to be able to do it." -Peter Pan

"A scattered dream that's like a far-off memory, a far-off memory that's like a scattered dream, I want to line the pieces up, Yours and Mine." <3 -KH

We are freaks, in a world bonded by society. We are expected to listen, to learn, to speak, to fight, to love. To do whatever it is to make it to the top. We see in a way others do not. We put up an obvious boundary, a wall separating our life and our dreams- the ones we day dream about. How we see it, how we see life. We make it how ever we want it to be. We build our confidence off of what we believe, rather than how people judge, what they say, that put’s us down.

We dream about what we want to happen aside reality. We are silent. We are dreamers, but one day we’ll break this silence. Open our own door, turn our own key-to our hearts, toward our own thoughts and beliefs.

It hurts what people say, but we’ve learned finally to ignore it. We do the same things as they do. But we-or maybe it’s just I, alone-that’s invisible. My opinion doesn’t matter anymore. I want to burst out-laughing, crying, dreaming, dying.
I am who I am, we are who we are and there is honestly nothing you can do about it, because you can’t change me, no one can.

We live in a prison bounded by mutual trust. Once the truth has been delivered, nothing is left to say. Nothing-because we are different-and I admit it. We are not truly accepted in the game of life. We are good at a lot of things. We have talents that no one can see, because no one has an open mind to see it. To see the naïve, instead, only the over-expressed, that makes a scene, the melodramatic, the prom king and queen.
Yes we all have our moments to shine, yes we believe in what we want to, yes we have faith, and yes…we are freaks, and there’s no better way I could put it.

"Ollie, Ollie Oxen-free!"
((It's everyone's moment to come out and shine <3))