Love Emily | Teen Ink

Love Emily

By EhMuhLee PLATINUM, St. Peters, Missouri
EhMuhLee PLATINUM, St. Peters, Missouri

"In this life you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

"Depression is like being a bird with broken wings." Me

Dear Marcie,
I don't even know how many years it's been since you left. I can only say that I miss you. I miss you so much and everyday I ask myself, did I do something wrong? Could I have stopped you from walking out on us?
Counseling is helping and so is the medicine Dr. Duncan gave me. But it took me one year and five months of sitting on an old red couch to realize that I'm angry with you.
I'm angry because you left. I'm angry because you didn't you say goodbye. You left me with so many questions and no one gave me the answers. Didn't you love me enough to stay? Why did you choose him over us? Did you ever plan on calling?
These questions build up everyday and I feel so vulnerable. You know I hate feeling that way. You knew so much about me and I felt so pushed down when I realized you weren't coming around.
I told you everything and I got nothing back in return. You were my everything and when you left I was empty. Years of feeling alone and begging the night to bring you back hasn't changed much.
I've been broken and pieced back together. But the only part of me that isn't there is the part that held you. I'm still waiting, for what, I don't know. But I hope it's you.

Love Emily