Speeding | Teen Ink

Speeding

October 31, 2007
By Anonymous

I was heading home from football practice on Friday. I was doing 95 in a 65. I had the windows down and I could feel the wind on my bold head. I had the radio cranked up all the way. I was listening to “Enter Sandman” by Metallica. I was singing along with it.


When I got by the Aurora corner, I noticed that there was a car sitting there and as I got close I noticed that it was a police car. I started to slow down and by the time I was right in front of him I was doing 75. i kept saying to myself that he didn't use the speed gun and I would be O.K. Then he turned onto the road and started to speed up, and I started to slow down. I got back to 65, and when I did he hit the cherries and berries.


I stated to slow down and got to the edge of the road. I turned off the radio and started to get registration, driver's license, and proof of insurance. When he got to the window of my car I was a little sweaty and I was as nervous as a deer in the headlights. He asked why he had stopped me and i said that i didn't, and he looked at me with a glare. And then i said that i was speeding. He ask for my registration , driver's license, and proof of insurance. He gave them back to me and asked me to step out of the car and to come back to the car with him.


When I got in his car, I kept thinking that he was a really big guy and there wasn't much room in the car. From what i could tell. He was sweating a little like me. He had sunglasses on and a highway patrol hat on. He was tall and was in a tan uniform. He started to tell me how fast i was going and ho much of a fine it would be($274) and how i didn't have my seatbelt on. I started to talk to him about how i was on my way home from football practice and he asked what team am i on. and after we talked about football for 10 or 15 minutes he said that he would just give me a $20 fine for the seatbelt. I said thank you and went on my way. To my surprise the officer followed me for a few miles until i got on the interstate. It turned out to be a good day.