If I Only Knew | Teen Ink

If I Only Knew

I have never seen this boy before but there is just something about him I said to my best friend Taylor. Now Tay don’t get into liking him you don’t even no him Taylor said. Well I won’t but I just can’t figure out what it is about him that draws me to him. I feel like I have known him forever. Well we will talk about this later, the bell is about to ring said Taylor. We went to class but I kept thinking about him. Even though I didn’t even no his name or one thing about him I just couldn’t stop thinking about him. We have a football game tonight maybe he will go and if he does I will talk to him I thought. Later that day still having this guy on mind we are almost ready for the game. All cheerleaders have to ride a sprit bus to the game. And anyone who wants to ride it can.

So I get on the bus looking all cute for the game with rooster booster in my hand me and Taylor picked a seat. It was like and hour into the bus ride when I got to take a drink of my rooster booster slushy when I see a Beatle squirming in it. OH MY GOD!!! I screamed and threw my drink. Well after I calmed down and realized my drink was every where I looked up and that guy was wiping slushy off his shoes. Oh I am so sorry I said. Its alright I guess, what’s your name he asked. Taylor I said what’s yours? Adam clay he said with a smile. Hey we have the same phones I said with a laugh and he laughed and went back to his seat. He kept looking back at me and we looked at each other a lot. We get to the game where we didn’t talk at all until the next day at school.

Hey Taylor I heard from a distance. I looked back to see who it was and it was Adam. Oh Hey Adam I said smiling from ear to ear. What’s up he says oh nothing how are you shoes I say laughing in a sarcastic way. They are fine he says smirking back in a friendly manner. So do you have a number? Maybe ill text you sometime if you like he said yea that would be cool I said trying to act like its no big deal. He walked away and Nicole came up behind me oh my god he asked me for my number. Really that’s awesome she said.

I still can remember that day; because on that night of the 9th of October he asked me to be his girlfriend. We have been inseparable ever since.