Kesha lyrics- the true meaning you may have missed. | Teen Ink

Kesha lyrics- the true meaning you may have missed.

By mcpanicfanic SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio
mcpanicfanic SILVER, Cincinnati, Ohio

Line 1- "Wake up in the morning feeling like P Diddy, Got my glasses, I'm out the door, I'm gonna hit this city." -

These lyrics are very powerful. While not only starting the day feeling like a truly inspirational public figure, the female vocalist points out she is feeling like a male public figure. She is letting the listener know that she is fighting sexism and showing that any woman can be just as strong and outspoken as a male. She is also fighting the idea society has put on us that having a good time while being young is only meant for the nighttime. Oh no, she is going out to party right when she gets up in the morning. You go girl! Ha, Take that society!

Line 2- "Before I leave brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack, cuz when I leave for the night I aint comin' back." -

Now she has decided to support hygiene. Brushing ones teeth daily is a good way to fight cavities and will protect you from signs of tooth decay. Especially with a bottle of Jack. What many don't know is that brushing your teeth with alcohol is a fantastic way to make those pearly whites even shinier. Thanks for the tip Kesha. I'll remember that one next time I go down the toothpaste aisle.

Line 3- "I'm talking pedicures on our toes (toes), Tryin' on all our clothes (clothes), Boys blowing up our phones (phones)" -

You may not notice this, because you are distracted by the incredible vocal ability of this singer, but she repeats her words twice at the end of each sentence. She is trying to remind us of a certain people that society often forgets about. Thats right, you got it! It's people that are hard of hearing. By repeating her words twice, she is letting them know she is being considerate of thier dis-ability. Next time somehow asks me to slow down and speak louder, I'll think of these meaningful lyrics, and repeat myself with a smile on my face.

Line 4- "Drop toppin', playin' our favorite CD's, pullin' up to the parties, Tryin' to get a little bit tipsy." -

This line clearly has to do with our countries economic downfall. While many of us our buying the latest gadgets and dodads, Kesha is listening to her old CD's and saving that money she would have spent at i-tunes for something more productive. So instead of downloading the latest pop song, go dust off those old CD's you have stacked in the back your closet and pop 'em in that old CD player. Remember MMMBop? Well, go put that CD in. We all know you have the Hanson album. It's time to listen to that album again knowing your saving money. Maybe Kesha should talk to Obama about our countries debt. She is obviously a financial genius.

We will pick up on these John Lennon-esque lyrics later. Until next time......

This piece is obviously speaking sarcastically.

on Feb. 25 2014 at 12:13 am
Lilly_Cat BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
This is hilarious!! And true! I love it!