Roslyn has tracking devices? | Teen Ink

Roslyn has tracking devices?

By JustkeepswimminqxD BRONZE, Roslyn Heights, New York
JustkeepswimminqxD BRONZE, Roslyn Heights, New York

Roslyn high school has required all of their students to carry ID cards at all times to get in and out of the school building. These ID cards have the students’ pictures and information on them. They are equipped with a RFID code that allows the administrators to know when students have entered or exited the building.
These cards will have the students’ schedules in them, which makes it easier for their teachers to take attendance and keep on top of their students when they enter the building. Roslyn schools will soon be asking their students to swipe their ID cards to get in and out of the building.

The students at Roslyn High School are encouraged to go to class and get there on time. Daniel, a student attending RHS, stated that “The high school is not becoming more controlling because they aren’t actually using the ID machines like they said they would.”
It appears that eventually the school would like students to swipe in and out of class to ensure accurate attendance. Kierra, a student who also attends RHS, stated “I hate having to feel like someone is on my case. It’s clear that making their students carry these ID cards are both good and bad, but also clear the students don’t want to use them.”