The Cycle | Teen Ink

The Cycle

By NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan
NoRulesJustWrite PLATINUM, Ada, Michigan

Stay happy, stay weird, and don't let anyone take away your smile.

We go through so many stages in our lives; some, we pass through without even realizing that we are.
We start off as innocent babies who just want to be loved and held. That secure feeling, being all we wanted.
But, as we grow, and things change all around us, we seem to look past many things we should be seeing.
We get caught up in our own images. We waste our time trying to fit in, when what we want is to grow up and stand out.
Before we know it, we have reached a point where we are craving that secure feeling again.
We just want someone to hold onto us, and never let go.
It is here where we are trying to figure out our messy lives.
We think that if we can have that secure feeling again, all will be okay; the world set straight.
This is the stage of the cycle I am on.
I want to feel safe, like nothing can hurt me.
I want someone to tell me everything will by all right again; someone to take away my responsibilities.
Because, I feel like my time to be a kid is not anywhere close to being over, no matter how much the world keeps pushing me to grow up.
I’m trying my hardest to stay balanced on this roller coaster ride of the cycle that makes up our lives.

K4D0W BRONZE said...
K4D0W BRONZE, Ontario, New York

“I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.”
-Mark Twain

"It hurts to think you can love someone so hard, so deeply, only to have them suddenly pulled from you. It makes me wonder if love, in the end, is even worth it at all."
-page 139, Gaslight by Rachael Rose

beautiful, true, and deep. I love this

ElaM ELITE said...
ElaM ELITE, Surrey, Columbia

“I was ashamed of myself when I realized life was a costume party; and I attended with my real face.” ~Franz Kafka

This is so true. I love how you made this so genuine

ILiveToRead PLATINUM, Wailuku, Hawaii
One word. Truth. It resonates to the core and is so inspiring, pls do more and never stop you are far from done with this amazing talent of yours. Keep going just keep going.

Amanda Tonks BRONZE, Draper, Utah
I think something that would be really interesting for you to use, is if you turned this into a chiasmus and started with an idea or single sentence and then ended with one extremely similar! I love your idea because it's so true and so relatable. Keep writing.