I'm Not A Dreamer- I'm Just In Love | Teen Ink

I'm Not A Dreamer- I'm Just In Love

By withoutamuse DIAMOND, Dewey, Oklahoma
withoutamuse DIAMOND, Dewey, Oklahoma

I used to think of how my life would be without love. I pictured myself focused- driven, with nothing to stop me from taking the world by storm. I had a dream of seeing myself succeed and never allowing anything to keep me from doing just that. I had the journey all mapped out; I just needed to put one foot in front of the other and no one would ever be able to hold me back.
I used to think of how my life would be without love. I would be respected- revered, with my head held high. But I always knew that I would go home to a big house full of nice things, and I would feel empty. I would be lonely. There is no life worth having if it is void of his love, and if that means that I never accomplish all of my goals, all of my dreams will still have come true.

A million dollars in your hand means nothing if you never have another's hand to hold.

Dunkelheitstieg BRONZE, Baldwin, Florida

"The poet ranks far below the painter in the representation of visible things, and far below the musician in that of invisible things. Why does the eye see a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination when awake?,"Leonardo da Vinci.

Awesome Poem!