Secrets of Titanfall 2 | Teen Ink

Secrets of Titanfall 2

By WNels BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
WNels BRONZE, Cannon Falls, Minnesota

A psychotic group of angry little men in big robots versus an unsuspecting rifleman who doesn’t know how to shoot straight. That is the easiest way to explain Titanfall 2. This is the best game I could spend money on in the entire E-store. Things caught me off guard, like the story, areas, and surprising easter eggs related to another game. So I don’t disregard the whole storyline the first 5 times I play it, these are what I look out for. 

We start with a frontline rifleman named Jack Cooper. He gets shot down by a random turret and crashes on a planet called Typhon. They get ambushed and Jack’s captain dies, but not before he binds his titan to Jack. The IMC finds Jack and tries to take his titan, but is unsuccessful. They pretty much are a bunch of trigger-happy guys hosting an operation on Typhon to build a weapon that could destroy entire planets. The planet itself has the futuristic overgrown society feel other games lack, though it strangely feels normal. If I get bored, I can also go into an online match and fight against players from all over the world.

I go in the game to many places, like abandoned buildings with armed battle stalkers, turreted hallways, and a radiation room I can die in if I am not fast enough to click the switches. The graphics of these places are phenomenal, and the physics of the stalkers and bodies of the dead are all coded to perfection. I could kick someone off a cliff if I wanted to. There are also some places where not everyone knows where to go, like hidden spots when I’m in a pickle with 1 shot sniping droids, the worst situation to be in.

Then there are easter eggs. An easter egg is an unexpected or undocumented feature in a piece of computer software or on a DVD, included as a joke or a bonus. In The Gauntlet, there is a stuffed animal dino, seen as an heirloom in Apex Legends for the legend Wattson. Also referring to Apex Legends, there is a character named Valkyrie and her father’s name was Viper, one of the last battles in the game is with him. There is also a hidden gun in the shooting range, I do have to wall ride and jump at the perfect time though.   In one of the final battles, Blisk puts a sticker on BT while he is temporarily disabled. The sticker says Apex, also relating to the game. Lastly, the helmet at the end of the game flashes. In Morse code, it translates to “Jack?”

This game is my favorite, and I have played it over a thousand times. The challenging difficulties keep it interesting. Sadly, we won’t see another like this until it is done being co-developed with Respawn Entertainment and Gravity Well. I highly recommend trying to get a copy of this game if possible. It is the perfect game for those who like to skip the boring and recurring missions, but still like to hear the base story while playing. Also, there are no long unskippable cutscenes, so now I don’t have to wait forever to listen to something I already know unless what was spoken of in the 5th sentence words 2-7 happens again.

I made this piece for an essay in a class, the teacher is telling us that we should submit our articles here. THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS.