Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell | Teen Ink

Dork Diaries by Rachel Renee Russell

By samanthamorales2121 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
samanthamorales2121 BRONZE, Sacramento, California

solo vives una vez

Reading isn't my favorite thing to do, But after reading Dork diaries. It made me realize this book isn't just about a girl in middle school dealing with drama. What made this interesting is the main character, who keeps on being herself throughout the book and the decisions that she makes will most definitely shock you. This book is good for people who don’t feel seen and feel like they don’t fit in. 

Dork diaries by Rachel Renee Russell focuses on a girl named Nikki being okay with herself and who she is as a person. During the whole book Nikki is dealing with drama and boys like a normal 13 year old girl and wondering why this is happening to her and why people have it out for her especially this group of girls.

The main character Nikki isn't popular, she isn't mean and she doesn't wear designer clothes. She's a dork, it's in the title of the book. To me she was unique because she faced her problems without backing out and ignoring it. She was also really good at solving her problems which really stood out to me because it really shows who she is as a person and it makes her who she is. 

I would recommend this book, because I personally think it has a good storyline and feel like teenagers can relate to it in a certain way, without fitting in and dealing with regular problems. The characters were well written because the way they are shown and act in the book I can really visualize and feel like I'm there. Overall, I think Dork Diaries is a good book for teenagers that can relate to it in their own way and their own social lives.

i've always read these books when I was younger