Wisconsin Seasons | Teen Ink

Wisconsin Seasons

May 24, 2023
By 4carpenter BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4carpenter BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Wisconsin Seasons

I love Wisconsin, I love the seasons, all of the activities you can do during all the seasons. Home of the greatest fans, from packers, brewers, badgers, and bucks. We eat a lot of cheese, brats, custard and fish. We love lake life and weekends. Are summers hot and winters cold. But spring is perfect, we will have one day that it's 75 and the next day it is 45, 50. 

Fall, this is personally some peoples favorite season and I agree but I don't. In the fall here in Wisconsin there is plenty to do, go to green bay and cheer on the packers. We have the best fans in all of the NFL, The Packers are the only team in the NFL that is owned by the community. If that doesn’t sound like a family I don't know what is. Us fans stick together through the bad years and the years we are so close. I play football for Arrowhead High school, a School right in Hartland, Wisconsin. Located on the southeastern corner of Wisconsin, we are known for our tradition of excellence, and are 12 state championships. If you are in Hartland on a Friday night in the fall you will hear the commotion of 2,500 fans cheering on or the smell of Rocky Roccos outside the stadium. Maybe you want to go catch a game at a great division one school, The Wisconsin Badgers, Camp Randall is one of the best atmospheres in football in my opinion. To tailgating on a saturday morning, to pre game parties, to singing Build me up Buttercup. UW- Madison is so traditional and really nurtures its past in traditions, keeping the old style on the field, and wearing retro jerseys some weeks.’


Winter, I was born in the winter so you would think I love the winters but to be honest it can get pretty nasty to dirty snow on the side of the roads, to slush, shoveling 6 inches of snow, and days that have temperatures below zero. In the winters some things I like to do to make me forget how much I am. I really love the smell of the burning gas of a snowmobile, playing a little pond hockey with the bois, and some tackle football in the snow with my brothers. Oh and of course CHRISTMAS. 

Spring is my favorite season. The best weather is 60 and sunny, not too hot and not too cold. School is ending and Baseball season is on its way. The smell of the freshly cut grass, the smell of brats and burgers, the feeling of your hair blowing with the windows down and the sound of the bat when you make perfect contact in baseball. But the spring can be all over the place sometimes, I say this because it can be 40 one day and 80 the next but that's what you love about Wisconsin. It keeps you on your toes and teaches you to never put away those pants and sweatshirts till june. In Wisconsin, it's like the weather flips a coin, one day rainy and cloudy the next, not a cloud in sight. 

Summer, I feel like summer in Wisconsin is very underrated. I feel like neighboring states think summers are cold and trash but NO. Summer is beautiful, we have the most lakes in the United States, baseball tournaments, the best 4th of July parades, and the best festivals. Most of my summer consists of baseball tournaments, early morning football workout and golf. But whenever I am free and have the chance to go on a boat and tube, or wakesurf or something I do it in a heartbeat because that is the definition of life. Lastly I would say also going to American Family field to catch a brewer game is a great experience. They really know how to make the games fun and serve the best food.

In conclusion I love Wisconsin because of the unlimited amount of activities and things you are able to do. One thing that I also love is businesses. I love the respect you get when you walk into any business, it reminds me of like when I walk into my grandma's house. They are all caring and love your business. That is why Wisconsin is great.


The author's comments:

This is a essay about a how much I love Wisconsin.