Asteroid Mining -Infinite resources from Asteroids | Teen Ink

Asteroid Mining -Infinite resources from Asteroids

By Boeing787Dreamliner BRONZE, Lahore, Other
Boeing787Dreamliner BRONZE, Lahore, Other

Have you ever seen what’s inside your phone, or laptop? Some precious minerals with crazy names like  Tantalum, Neodymium, and Terbium are found here. They are super rare and how to get these minerals from the ground is not the best. Giant chunks of land are excavated harming any ecosystem and the biodiversity inside it. Mining is also not very cheap, and very, very dangerous. Mining produces Air pollution. It releases Sulphuric Acid and other Nasty things that get released into the atmosphere. This all looks awful, but there is an Alternative. When we look up we see stars, or other objects But when we look a little further just between Mars, and Jupiter we see Money, lots of it.

Asteroids are Rocks, Debris, and Ice scattered around the Sun. They can be as small as a meter or larger than entire countries. Most of them are located in the asteroid belt. ( in between Jupiter, and Mars.) or the Kuiper belt. (Outside Neptune orbit.) Others are Scattered across the Solar System. As space travel is getting cheaper. It is getting easier to visit asteroids. Scientists, Economists, and Astronomists are studying the resources found in these asteroids. Even relatively small asteroids may contain billions upon Trillion of dollars worth of resources, but bigger asteroids such as 16 Psyche contain more Iron, Platinum, and Copper to cover the world’s needs for metals for more than 2,000 years. These alone could be more than 45 trillion dollars. Asteroid Mining seems to be our best Alternative, but Right now in the year 2021. It is incredibly Expensive. For example, there are 20 million tons of gold in our oceans which is equivalent to 750 trillion dollars, filtering out the gold would be more than 750 trillion dollars. That would be a tremendous loss. In the Future Asteroid Mining could be Possible, but we have a problematic Solution. 

First, we have to find the right rocket to do the job. Scientists found that solution 7 years ago when they launched Hayabusa 2 on December 3, 2014. When Hayabusa 2 was launched Electric rockets were starting to gain popularity as they were more feasible and efficient. for our first step, we must build a somewhat large Electrical Rocket.  The problem with Electrical rockets is that they can fly in space, but they can't fly to space. that's why astronomers decided to use regular rockets to transport electrical rockets to space. With well-coordinated timings, bringing asteroids from the asteroid belt to earth will be a long effortless journey. This could be the beginning of a new Space-related era. 

Mining asteroids will benefit humanity in a multitude of ways.

The united states recommends this.