Untitled | Teen Ink

Untitled

By Dogs03 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin
Dogs03 GOLD, Sussex, Wisconsin

A boy, tall like a skyscraper, standing by a painting of a blue, calming sea. She walked over to him and stood right next to him. 

“Calming isn’t it.” she asked the boy. He was startled, jumping when she spoke to him.

“It is. It feels like you can hear the waves splashing against the rocks.” He said with a light of hope in his eyes.

“Feels like you can feel the breeze against your skin?” She smirked at him.

He laughed “You can smell the ocean's salty water. Standing at the edge of the water hoping to see a small or big sea animal.”

She laughed, looking at him she noticed the tension in his shoulders. Hunched up by his neck, like he was trying to hide his neck. The pale skin, pale white like the beautiful falling snow in the winter. 

“Your stressed and that's why you have been looking at the picture for so long.” She didn’t give him the option of giving her an answer, because it wasn’t a question. It was a statement. 

“You're good at observing people.” He said surprised. 

“It’s my speciality.” She laughed 

“You’re right,” he paused and took a deep breath, “Last night I had this super bad headache, which was really painful and made me very tired. I had to take two medicines for it and it never went away.”

“Doesn’t it feel like you are being weighed down by a heavy elephant and can’t get up from your bed.” She stated.

“Yes!” He smiled, “everything is just very stressful this month. I just need to have time to relax and not get overwhelmed,” He smiled at the painting, “going to a place like that.”

“The gallery is now closing, please start heading to the exit. Please and thank you.” 

They looked at each other. 

“I have to go to the side exit.”

“I have to go to the main exit.”

They said at the same time. 

“Umm… What’s your name if you don’t mind me asking.” He asked shyly.

“My name is body.” She smiled at him, “what’s your name?”

“My name is mind.”