How Electric Cars Aren't What They Seem | Teen Ink

How Electric Cars Aren't What They Seem

May 23, 2022
By Anonymous

When it comes to pollution, cars are one of the most polluting factors which cause global warming and are used every day to get to a workplace for a person, and trips for the weekend. This amount of CO2 can massively impact the Earth because there are too many people who do this cycle day-to-

day.  
Some of the smarter people and some of the car companies had the idea of keeping cars in the system, but making them electric, not needing any fuel like diesel, and gas. In fact, it wouldn’t even cost too much to keep the car, since you can plug it into your standard electricity outlet at home. The usual number of cars charges about 8 hours a day, which is perfect for everyone since it is best for a human's health to sleep 8 hours a day. This idea was a breakthrough and one of the biggest improvements to the environment in the past decade.  A specific car company built its whole base on electric cars, and its name is Tesla. They have had some of the highest sales in electric cars, and have a design not seen before. Many people bought Tesla, and the company is incredibly popular in Europe and America.  They also have high technology which people like, such as self-driving. Overall, it is not just simply tesla (Smiley, Al.). 

If you bought an electric car to save the environment, you have been lied to, since yes, the car is electric, meaning it doesn’t contribute CO2 while it is running, but a factor that many people are missing, is that the production of an accumulator as big, to make a distance as big, is more polluting to the environment that a car pumping out CO2 in the city. Tesla’s accumulator production is equivalent to a diesel car with 50 000km in it. And that is just production.  After the car has been used, it needs to be recycled into another car, but it is a hard matter to recycle lithium batteries which Tesla uses. Currently using or buying an electric car is better for the environment but it only gives humanity a small amount of time before there is another problem. Problems such as the mining of Lithium, which in the past few years has increased by a massive amount. (Batteries and Accumulators.) 

To help this matter a newer company, a branch of Volvo, Polestar, is another company built on electric cars. They are so new that they only have about 2 cars to show, and they are just to present a style. As they try to make the car benefit humanity in many ways, they make the production, usage, and recycling car parts, as Environenttal friendly as possible . They make the body of the car protect the driver and have technology like eye tracking systems in their cars, and the car also keeps an eye on our health, and sleepiness to have the driver monitored, which later leads to a decrease in the number of crashes. The company also makes their seats with recycled plastic and with a design that isn't common.  

When a new concept or idea reaches the top at a quick pace, you should always think about the factors that are not so popular. For example, the car is electric and doesn't contribute CO2 is well known but the production of the item that keeps it electric is worse to the environment than a standard gasoline car.