How Much Do You Know About Math?  | Teen Ink

 How Much Do You Know About Math? 

June 8, 2021
By holymoly SILVER, Tirana, Other
holymoly SILVER, Tirana, Other
6 articles 0 photos 0 comments

   How much do you know about math? There are many formulas and values in math that I would like to explain. We can see many formulas and values when we solve math problems. This essay is going to talk about what are mobius transformations, complex numbers, polynomials, factoring and infinity. If you know these, math will be easier to learn. 
   The mobius transformations are the projective transformations of the complex projective line. They form a group called the Mobius group, which is the projective linear group (PGL). Together with its subgroups, it has numerous applications in mathematics and physics. Based on my experience mobius transformations were too difficult, and not easy to learn, because it is complex, and it has many formulas. 
   A complex number is a number that can be expressed in the form a + bi, where a and b are real numbers, and i represents the imaginary unit. Satisfying the equation, I^2 = −1. ... For the complex number a + bi, a is called the real part, and b is called the imaginary part. We will learn mostly in high school. To me it is fun to learn complex numbers. Complex numbers are mainly used in electrical engineering techniques all the time, because Fourier transforms are used in understanding oscillations and wave behavior that occur both in AC Current and in modulated signals.  They can be use in real world such as in satellite launching. (user226528user226528 et al.) 
   Polynomial is an expression of more than two algebraic terms, especially the sum of several terms that contain different powers of the same variable(s). For example, it can be like 3x+1 and 2x^2-4x+1, but it cannot be like 2/x-2. Polynomial is easy to learn, so I like it. Polynomials can be used to extract information about finite sequences much in the same way as generating functions can be used for infinite sequences. (“Polynomial: Definition of Polynomial by Oxford Dictionary”) 
   “Factoring is finding what to multiply together to get an expression. If we know factoring that is an important process that helps us understand more about our equations. When do we get this polynomial (4x^2-9), we have factors that is (2x-3) (2x+3).” I have learned this when I was in middle school. It's easy to me and I like it. Factoring is a useful skill in real life. Common applications include dividing something into equal pieces, exchanging money, comparing prices, understanding time and making calculations during travel. (Fazely) 
   Infinity represents something that is boundless or endless, or else something that is larger than any real or natural number. The concept of infinity is very important, especially calculus and set theory. I think Infinity is interesting a lot, because I like (∞) this sign. Infinity is often used in describing the cardinality of a set or other object (such as a list or sequence of terms) that does not have a finite number of elements. The concept of infinity is extremely important in a variety of contexts, most notably calculus and set theory (“Infinity | Brilliant Math & Science”).  
   To sum up, as we can see, there are too many formulas, but if we know that, it helps to understand and to solve math. Some of them I have already learned, and they are easy and fun. Some others I still have to learn. Many people don’t like math, but I wish everybody like math, because it is funny, and we can use our brain. Generally, math is useful to make life easier.