Moving to Albania | Teen Ink

Moving to Albania

By holymoly SILVER, Tirana, Other
holymoly SILVER, Tirana, Other

I have not had special experiences in my life. However, some experiences have changed my life. The biggest one is coming to Albania. I used to study. I just went to the academy, which is a place where people go to study. It is too tiring to go there. I was exhausted and bored about school – academy – homework – studying for tests. My friends and I should work harder before taking a test. Unfortunately, we have four tests in each year and many stuff (It is like TSW, they are also important), so we couldn’t rest a lot. That was horrible, so I wanted to escape from that routine. Coming to Albania, these things changed for better and worst. There were no friends, no Korean food, no Korean letters, and learning new language in the beginning.  
   When I heard that we could go to foreign country for 3 years, I accepted it, because I didn’t want to study in Korea anymore. That was terrible. And then I thought “Is my English going to improve, if I go to a foreign country?” So, I made the fastest decisions in my life on the things that were important. I think moving to Albania was a good choice, because I like to live in a foreign country. On the other hand, I was not sure about my family. They might think different. 
 Surely, my life changed a lot. For example, there are no Korean food, no Korean letters, no Korean friends. These are uncomfortable, because sometimes I cannot speak and listen well. I am still trying to solve these problems. I have learned Albanian greetings, I have tried Albanian food, and I have made Albanian friends in the beginning. Unfortunately, I was not good at English, so making foreign friends was difficult, but now my English-speaking skills have improved a lot, thus making it easier to make friends. I am trying to learn English to communicate and study. 
    I can’t forget that what I saw from the plane the day I came to Albania, because I was looking forward to going to Albania and the night view was fantastic. When I got into my father’s car and then I saw Albanian letters, I realized I have nothing except family. All the new experience was difficult and scary. My mind was not into that, because we spent 19 hours to come here. That was too tiring.  
   TIS started 2 weeks later after coming to a new house. TIS had a picnic in the first day. That was also new experience, because we go to picnic after tests. I made friends easier. I thought my life in a foreign country will be fun, but it turned out not to, because it was too hard studying in a foreign language. Another reason that was difficult because I also miss my Korean friends and food. Making new friends is not easy, because of language issue.