Money | Teen Ink

Money

By Joshua Lopeaz BRONZE, Arlington, Virginia
Joshua Lopeaz BRONZE, Arlington, Virginia

“When money is seen as a solution for every problem, money itself becomes the problem.” – Richard Needham. This quote means that money can’t be the solution to every problem that you may have. Its funny how so many people want so much money when money is just an inanimate object. Money can’t buy happiness, but it can surely buy things that lead to it.

Money can buy you almost everything that you want like food, cars, houses, and clothes. But there are a few things that money can’t buy that are the most important in a person’s life. “Money buys everything except love, personality, immortality, silence, and peace”- Carl Sandburg. Money can temporally buy happiness but it can’t make it last for forever. Happiness is combined emotions that are inanimate, non-living things that can’t be won over with any amount of money. People themselves may be able to be bribed to do things but emotions are priceless. People would do absolutely anything even crimes. People fight, steal, and even kill to get money.

Money is just an object used to get things that you want or need. It’s funny how people go to great lengths to get money. They talk to people that they hate, do things embarrassing, and ignore the people that they care about. Some parents work hard all day and don’t spend anytime with their kids. The average parent spends less then fourteen minutes with their kids a day. People that can’t get jobs do illegal things like sell drugs, sell weapons, and prostitution.

Money is one of the biggest problems we have in this world. I believe that people focus their minds on just getting money anyway that they can. People in this world are too busy getting money then just living their lives. Money can certainly buy you all the riches in the world, but it can’t buy you happiness.