Safe Object | Teen Ink

Safe Object

December 3, 2018
By selmasuleiman BRONZE, Lemont, Illinois
selmasuleiman BRONZE, Lemont, Illinois
3 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Everyday you sleep away on me.  You get home from a long day, bad or good, and sleep.  People buy me for the purpose of sleeping on me, but in my view I am used for many different ways.  I go day after day seeing you, you end your day with me, and start your day with me. I know your emotions when your head hits me.  I see your emotions, I feel your feelings, day after day, night after night.

I know your strengths and weaknesses.

I know your strengths by the way you lay your head on me, the way you hold me, it is happy, you feel empowered.  When I feel your strength I know that your day you had, you will remember it for the best times in life.

I can also see your weaknesses.  When you lay down, I feel your vibe that you never want to lift your head again.  I feel my pillow becoming soaked with your tears. You hold me like I am the person or thing you miss.  You hold me like I am the only person in the world who will make you feel what you are missing. Your weakness makes me feel like the most safest thing in the world.  You will look forward to coming home and being able to end your day with me.

I am the thing that makes you think about life, I make you able to think about the stuff that hurts you, or the things that make you you. I help you resolve problems.  I also help your imagination run wild. Your imagination will run right and left when you fall asleep. You dream infinite. Everything is possible when you are laying on me, you have no boundaries with me.  

I am the end and beginnings to your days.

I have more meaning to me then just simply sleeping on.  I let you be you.


The author's comments:

This is about an object that has differnt meanings to it.  It knows your bad days from your good days.