E-Learning=The Future | Teen Ink

E-Learning=The Future

December 17, 2015
By J.A.Ws SILVER, Peru, Indiana
J.A.Ws SILVER, Peru, Indiana
7 articles 1 photo 4 comments

Favorite Quote:
If we don't blow ourselves up, the future will be wonderful!-Stan Lee


E-learning is coming. It’s already here. You see it all around the United States. For years now colleges everywhere have been offering online courses to students seeking further education. At the rate technology is moving it will eventually overtake the productiveness of face to face education. To put it simply, education through an efficient computer is able to make less mistakes then your everyday teacher and transfer information to open-minded students quickly and efficiently.
E-learning is simply more efficient than school systems. The average school has student’s who’s locations vary from around the county. “Lectures and other materials are electronically sent to the student, who will then read them and complete assignments. Students will not have to fight traffic, find parking spaces, and leave work early to go to class, or miss important family time.” (10 advantages 1) This states a large problem with public education. The fact that driving to and from school every day is very inconvenient for most students in a district. The ability to do schoolwork at home may very well increase the amount of students seeking professional education as a preference to homeschooling.
E-Learning also allows for more variety in the subjects students are able to learn. At my school we have five seventy minute class periods, allowing for a maximum of 5 subjects, only one of which is of the student’s choice. “This means that no matter what students wish to study, from nursing to neuroscience, they can find online the courses or degree programs they need. They can also earn every academic degree online, all the way from a career certificate to a doctorate.” (10 advantages 1) The simple variety of these online classes more than complies with the lack of face to face communication letting students learn by variety rather than extremely thorough quality. More tools in the tool belt are more effective than one effective hammer.
E-Learning is also much cheaper than public education. The budget for most schools involves lunches, busses, and security for its students. Online education eliminates these costs completely from the schools budget. I, however, believe that teachers will still be a major part of online schooling. They will be responsible for picking out safe and appropriate educational websites, they can monitor class activities from their own computers, and even record videos to teach students the way they want to. Online education is simply faster, more convenient, and more efficient than public education and given the constant technological increase over these last few years, it is most likely going to become more so in the not so distant future.


The author's comments:

Technology is coming so fast. This is bound to happen.