Admission Essay | Teen Ink

Admission Essay

By stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other
stephie95 PLATINUM, Tripoli, Other

When I think of the University of Balamand, the aspects that most impress me and fan my desire to immerse myself in this prestigious learning environment are the excellent resources of the University of Balamand. On the surface I think that I am like most young and modern Lebanese girls. I take school seriously, I have dreams and goals for the future that I am determined to achieve. After spending about ten years in Nigeria we moved back to Lebanon, a totally different environment. This I knew would be my toughest challenge to date. As an eighth grader attending a new school in a new different country, I felt left out because of my inability to communicate. All I had was my laptop which I placed on my laps and sat for hours writing, creating innovative stories of my day. I wanted to go back to Nigeria so badly, but it was out of my reach. Spending most of the time using my laptop, writing stories made me more interested in literature, which encouraged me to major in English Literature dreaming of becoming an author. Overtime I made more friends than I could have imagined and thoughts of going back to Nigeria faded away. This experience has helped change me from a shy kid to a strong confident responsible young adult. From this experience I have learned that if I set goals, and dedicate myself to those goals I will eventually achieve them. The University of Balamand's excellent resources are going to help me achieve those goals.

i just wanted to share this and read your comments before i send it !! thanks