Theres a Death in the Family | Teen Ink

Theres a Death in the Family

May 25, 2023
By doreagan30 BRONZE, Jamaica, New York
doreagan30 BRONZE, Jamaica, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was a cold night in 1995. The air was solid and the atmosphere was filled with snow. Astorian City was lurking with crime and corruption was sublime. The building that stood out the most was the Jackson Technologies building. This building was the tallest building in Astorian City. The man who owned it was Gabriel Jackson. He was the richest in Astorian City. His company is responsible for many inventions that citizens use today. Many despised his humbleness. Many loved him for his brilliance. Besides all of that, his main focus was on his kids. He had two sons. The oldest son’s name wasAndrew Jackson. His second son’s name was Roy Jackson. Andrew was respectful and never questioned an adult. Roy was quiet and always despised adults. Roy was born with a special ability. He was born with the ability to detect a lie. If he were to have a conversation and someone lied to him, he would feel a sharp pain in his heart. He didn’t talk much so he can prevent that. He hated adults because all they do is lie to him. The person who never lied to him was his Uncle Richard. Roy would spend most of his time with his Uncle. The Jackson Family was very rich with a net worth of fifty billion. Richard was rich but he was fired from Jackson Technologies for having an alcoholic problem. His favorite hobby was to gamble. Richard would casually use Roy’s super ability to pay debts that he owed. Richard may have been fired but he had enough money to survive two lifetimes. Richard despised his brother, Gabriel because Gabriel was much smarter than he was. That’s why Richard loves to hang out with Roy. He wanted Roy to live life in his image. 

     During the cold night, three visitors of Gabriel Jackson came to the Jackson Manor. They were very tall and had something about them that stood out. Gabriel greeted them then invited them to the dining room. He called Andrew down to eat then his mother brought dinner to Roy’s bedroom. When they came back to the dining room, the visitors began to speak about business. Andrew noticed that one of the men were stomping their feet when Gabriel said no to one of their questions. Moments later, the same man yelled, “Your the reason my family fell apart!!” He pulled a black weapon then two shots were fired. Both of the shots hit his parents. Andrew’s mother was leaking of blood. She started to crawl with both of her feet dragging on the floor. The three men left. Andrew started to cry. Suddenly he heard thumps of his mother’s arms. He went over to her and grabbed her hand. Soon as he came in contact. her soul left the Earth. Gabriel was already dead because he was shot in the head. Andrew went upstairs to find Roy. When he entered his room, Roy was gone. Five minutes later, the front door was opened. Someone yelled out, “Master Gabriel!?!” It was the Jackson Family butler, Archull Mithers. He saw what had happened in the dining room and rushed upstairs to find Roy and Andrew. He found Andrew but Roy was nowhere to be found.


10 years later:


Andrew was 21. He had just graduated from college and was ready to move on with his life. He wanted to do something that would benefit the world. He knew what ever did, he would have to be the best at it. He wanted to surpass anyone before him. He searched for the best teachers of engineering. He came back a year later to learn something new. He wanted to learn everything known to man so he decided to learn how to fight. He searched for the best fighting teachers in the world and studied their techniques and practices. He learned a lot of things over the four years of searching. He knew how to fight, build, and many more. After four years, he came back to Astorian City. After all the things he had learned over time, he still did not know what to do with his life that would satisfy him. 

He began looking into his parents murder case. Archull told Andrew that it was a bad idea but he denied. Andrew also wanted to find out where his brother had gone but he never had a clue of where he was. The world never knew Roy was born so it would be hard to find someone with no record of existence. So he decided to become a private detective. For once in his life, he was sure of what he wanted to do. 


To be continued..


The author's comments:

Im not good at writing stories but this was alright.