4-DAYS OF SCHOOL WEEK FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS | Teen Ink

4-DAYS OF SCHOOL WEEK FOR STUDENTS AND TEACHERS

How would it be to have only 4 days of school in a week for the students, and 3 days of holiday? Kids who love to go to school every day may feel that they need the occasional break. Children find that the need to engage in their studies distracts them from the fun activities of school. I think 4 days of school would be productive, fun for students and more family time. That is why students should have free days in a week. They can perform better and be relaxed during the school days.  

It is productive for students because they would not have to worry about each class assignment that is given to them and be tired during those days, work can be divided into time, and it will be easy for them to put those works all in an order. They will easily work on the assignments and tests without stressing about the time limit, so they can be well-prepared for them. It is a good chance for students to use their free time efficiently, meanwhile productively. Many teachers have discovered that students perform better when compared to the 5-day week. The introduction of a four-day week has led to a dramatic improvement in student achievement. Overall, a shorter school schedule resulted in a 7% increase in math scores and a 3% gain in reading.  

It is also fun for students what I mean by is; students could spend more time with their families. Going from 5 days to 4 days may require a longer school day, but since there are 3 days off, students have time to rest and have fun.  
The 4 days of school makes the morale of teachers and students better. Some students find that the 4-day school week gives them extra rest and creates a less stressful environment. When there is a 5-day school, there is a difficult school period with lessons and exams, and when there is a 2-day vacation, the stress level of the students increases, their rest periods are low, so they cannot concentrate on the lessons with a high motivation, reducing the students’ efficiency. Students with low performance are less likely to take the course with the highest efficiency. The four-day format provides many more opportunities. For example; extra work they at an after-school job (helpful for student's financial support), engaging in volunteer activities (good for socializing), or pursuing additional educational goals (can have time for extra tutoring's etc.). In addition, students who are athletes do not miss the class as much and have less work to make up for when activities occur on their day off.  

In conclusion, the 4-days of school week for students and teachers are productive and fun, they will have more family time. It is productive for students because they are getting a chance to use their time efficiently for assignments and tests. It can reduce the stress level of student about time limits, and they can be well-prepared. Many teachers would support my idea and my fellow students perform better in a 4-day school week.