Mental Health Matters | Teen Ink

Mental Health Matters

May 18, 2022
By Anonymous

There are 7 billion people on Earth. Everyone at a certain age is recquired to go to school. School can also be mentally draining, especially as you get older. But there´s something that the schools don´t talk about enough. And that thing is mental health.

Schools say that they care about their students. So why do so many kids, teens, and adults suffer from mental health disorders? Why do the schools push their students so hard? Why do the students never get a break from the pattern of continous learning?

The schools can easily help mental health but they choose not to. They represent mental health but never truly help their students.

1 in 5 teens have a mental health disorder. There are over 200 mental health disorders. Youth depression has raised 3% since 2012. Many people of all ages lack access to mental health facilities and treatments.

Schools need to push for kids to have better mental health and educate them on it. They need to give more breaks and allow the students to really gain focus in what they are learning. School is doing quite the opposite. It is ruining people´s mental health. So let´s help everyone else out and give into the needs of the students. Give them what they need instead of what the schools wants. 

If school is all about finding your passion then why are so many kids crying and wishing to drop out? Why are so many people tired? School now is about academics and getting the best grades. Put mental health first. I mean isn´t it mental health month anyways?

Mental Health Matters. Mental Health is Important. You Are Important.


The author's comments:

mental health is important. It needs to be talked about more. And more people need to be helped and saved from these disorders.