Should education be free for everyone | Teen Ink

Should education be free for everyone

January 6, 2021
By Anonymous

Education is a very well-known thing worldwide and many people question whether or not everyone should be entitled to have the right of receiving a free education. There are many countries that believe that people should receive free education because of how poor they are causing them to struggle in paying bills. There are also other countries that make a good amount of money causing them to believe that people should pay for an education simply because they could afford it. This is a very controversial topic among people due to the very opinionated reasoning people have about it as shown in the examples above and this is also a very fascinating topic as it could bring so many benefits into the world. Education should be granted freely to everyone because it increases people`s chances of success in the future and helps people with financial issues.

To begin with, it has been shown multiple times that the people who receive higher levels of education end up really successful in the future, which is one reason why a free education should be granted to everyone. According to Education Should Be Free to Everyone, Sarum states that, “With the population highly educated, this will benefit the whole world and lead to the increase of the development for human life.” (Sarum). This evidence illustrates that the more a person is educated, the greater their chances are on succeeding in the future because they will be most likely to contribute to the world in many ways leading them to make a huge impact on the world and how others will view it. Someone who is able to receive free education all their life is someone who is most likely going to use their intrustic motivation to go and achieve the highest level of education they could possibly get leading them down the road to success for many different things such as doctors, lawyers, politicians, ETC. For example, in Should College Education Be Free, the wall street journal states that, “Advocates of free college say that giving everyone access to education not only would help individuals to succeed and contribute to society, but also would produce a better qualified work force for the evolving economy.” (The wall street journal). What readers should understand is that this piece of evidence is saying that a free education that everyone could have access to will ensure society to change tremendously in a positive way by people being able to handle more demands that their jobs require of them and the reduced amount of unemployment rate there would be due to the highly qualified people in the world. With so much qualified people in the world, not only would success be offered to them but it will also be offered to the world as a whole because it will make the world a better place with the better doctors, lawyers and better professional careers people will have that will make the world safer. As mentioned above, people can now be informed of how much success can be granted all from a free education.

 

In addition to a free education being accountable for higher amounts of people`s success in the future, it also helps people financially in many ways showing another reason why people should be granted a free education. As seen in why all public higher education should be free Samuels states that, “If students did not have to work while in school, the graduation rate would improve drastically.” (Samuels). This quote explains how if there wasn`t so much stress on students to pay for school, there would be an increase in the amount of students that turn out successful and that are helped out financially. There may be people in many countries that are trying to get their children to another school in a different country because of how poor and uneducated their country is trying to improve the quality of their children`s lives but now the children have to face the consequences of not being able to gain a proper education that they deserve to get just because their parents cannot financially afford to send their children to have a great education needed. Allowing these children, the chance of receiving a free education will help them and their family financially leading them to be able to better support themselves in their country all while receiving the proper education they need to be called successful. For instance, in Education Should Be Free for Everyone, Sarun states that, “If there was a change in prices of education, this would impact everyone as people will be able to attend.” (Sarun). This piece of evidence illustrates that if the entire nation came together to grant free education to everyone the world would be such a happier place as it would impact everyone financially because they will now be able to gain control of their finances better and people will now be happy to receive the proper education they need to be successful in the future at no cost. All the people that are struggling financially can benefit tremendously from a free education granted to them because they will be able to get the proper education they need to make sure they are not stuck in the same situations again in the future. For all these reasons is how having a free education can help people financially.

                       

On the other hand, some people may believe that education should not be granted freely to people because of people`s social economic background and race.  According to Race Not Just Poverty, Shapes Who Graduates in America, Barnum states that, “Education policy sometimes proceeds under the assumptions that socioeconomic statues matters, but that race and racism aside from their impact on family income doesn`t.” (Barum). This piece of evidence is showing the fact that some people believe that the rule of education follows certain guidelines such as being associated with one certain social economic statue or race in order for people to receive free education. For these reasons is why someone might believe that education should not be free because of the different social economic statues or races people have. Their argument is wrong because it contradicts the overwhelmingly amount of evidence there is that no matter what anyone`s race or economic background might be, it is not right to discriminate anyone and treat them unfairly by not granting them the same right to a free education as everybody else has. Furthermore, in the article Your right to equality in education, The ACLU states that, “The Constitution requires that all kids be given equal educational opportunity no matter what their race, ethnic background, religion, or sex, or whether they are rich or poor, citizen or non-citizen.” (The ACLU). This piece of evidence emphasizes greatly the importance of everyone receiving an equal education and no one being treated unequally in terms of some people being able to receive free education while others can`t. It also offers a lot of support that no matter what the differences are between people, everyone is entitled to receive the same level of equality in education which is a free education for everyone. Therefore, I believe that education should be free to everyone as everyone deserves to receive equality in the type of education they receive.

 

In conclusion, education is something that makes up a huge part in people`s lives in so many ways. Education can be both a very rewarding and fascinating thing as it is the key to the future and can help you in any direction you choose to follow. Whatever your dream may be whether that be to find the next cancer cure or to invent the next million dollar selling computer system in the world, education is the perfect path to follow to ensure that those dreams come true. With education there is nothing you can`t do. I encourage people now after hearing the amazing things free education brings to the world, to keep on pushing harder and keep on fighting to ensure that free education becomes a thing granted to everyone worldwide. Free education is something that should be granted to everyone worldwide because of the amazing things it offers people such as increasing their chances of success in the future and helping people financially.


The author's comments:

I believe that education is a right that should be granted freely to everyone and I advocate for this cause.