Teen essays on what matters and core values | Teen Ink

What Matters

Most recently submitted What Matters Articles

Hot Topics
By Insane2001 SILVER
Plainsboro, New Jersey

What are attention seekers? According to Oxford dictionary, it’s attempting to attract the attention of other people, typically by disruptive or excessively extrovert beha...
Insane2001 SILVER, Plainsboro, New Jersey

I found myself looking around me at hollow faces, and wondering if this is it, if every heart on this earth has been stained. But then, when I look into our hearts, I see we're all like candles with beauty inside, masked behind wax, hardened by the pain we all must face. But when one of us begins to burn with compassion, our fragrance fills the air, and we unconsciously ignite others around us. I find that the wax melts, and that is our core, our beauty, our light that remains. Slowly we'll burn one by one, till the day we reach the end of our sticks and we're all burning with compassion. So maybe we all have to be set alight.- Percy Jackson, Wolf's Law Chapter 23.

Nupur Mudgal BRONZE, Faridabad, Other
Hot Topics
By PhilMoore4-H GOLD
Dover, Delaware
PhilMoore4-H GOLD, Dover, Delaware

"Be the change you want to see in the world!"

kimiap SILVER, Raleigh, North Carolina
Hot Topics
By KaiLeena PLATINUM
Fort Wayne, Indiana
KaiLeena PLATINUM, Fort Wayne, Indiana

"He’s not perfect. You aren’t either, and the two of you will never be perfect. But if he can make you laugh at least once, causes you to think twice, and if he admits to being human and making mistakes, hold onto him and give him the most you can. He isn’t going to quote poetry, he’s not thinking about you every moment, but he will give you a part of him that he knows you could break. Don’t hurt him, don’t change him, and don’t expect for more than he can give. Don’t analyze. Smile when he makes you happy, yell when he makes you mad, and miss him when he’s not there. Love hard when there is love to be had. Because perfect guys don’t exist, but there’s always one guy that is perfect for you."
— Bob Marley

Kaydie PLATINUM, Uyo, Other

"There are all these ideas about what is perfect and what is beautifu land what is smart,but the most appealing thing is,that which is me is nobody else"

-Jennifer Lopez

Hot Topics
By Salman BRONZE
South Pasadena, California
Salman BRONZE, South Pasadena, California
Hot Topics
By Olaf.lover GOLD
Fairfax, Virginia
Olaf.lover GOLD, Fairfax, Virginia

"Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain."

Hot Topics
Hot Topics
By Mae10 BRONZE
Columbia, North Carolina
Mae10 BRONZE, Columbia, North Carolina