Dear My Demons | Teen Ink

Dear My Demons

By ABIGAIL.S PLATINUM, Trenton, Ohio
ABIGAIL.S PLATINUM, Trenton, Ohio

"only you can start a change you want"

Dear My Demons,

There are so many things I wish to say to you because you have done nothing but push me down. I had fallen so hard that I felt like I couldn't get up and you just pushed and pushed harder and harder. You shattered my hope, my faith but now I've gotten back up so that I could stand against you.

I guess what I am saying is thank you, thank you for making me stronger than ever. Thank you for making me fight. You may say why would you ever thank me but I can because you can never beat me because I am stronger than you. So I say thank you for showing me how strong I am and how weak you are.

Every night you showed how pathetic you were by trying to break apart my soul. You gave me the pain you wish you could put upon yourself. You tried to put your pain and hurt onto someone else but I didn’t deserve it. Even though sometimes you made me feel like I didn’t madder the truth was that you don’t matter any more.

I guess I will thank you but only because you should know that you can never win a fight against me.

This is what I would say to the skeleton in my closet, to the monster under my bed always scaring me and bringing me down.

on Jun. 19 2015 at 11:15 am
ABIGAIL.S PLATINUM, Trenton, Ohio

"only you can start a change you want"

thank you so much, when I hear that my work is good or as you say inspirational it makes me feel so amazingly good.

Whimsical_Bluejay_Of_The_Night BRONZE, West Melbourne, Florida

"Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before."
-Edgar Allan Poe

This is so accurate and I love your style of writing. It's very smooth but takes a deep perspective on a serious subject. I can just tell by reading this that you are a strong, intelligent young woman and wise beyond your years. There should be more people like this, but sadly there are not. Your description of the demons are SO accurate...like the little voices we hear in our heads telling us that we are nothing. This is very inspirational, and you are very talented :)