The Hero In YOU | Teen Ink

The Hero In YOU

By ShyraB BRONZE, Tampa, Florida
ShyraB BRONZE, Tampa, Florida

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath, then you will be successful.

Saving the day, I flew from off of the top of the building, and landed onto the head of the big green monster that has destroyed the city. As i look around I notice woman and children screaming and crying, men protecting their families, and people running for their lives. I took the blade out of the side of my superwoman suit, and jabbed it directly in the heart killing him instantly. I am the hero of the day. With my super speed and my ability to fly, i can conquer anything.

Suddenly i wake up drenched in sweat and anxious to have a sip of water. i am standing in my kitchen leaning my arm up against the door of the refrigerator. I placed the glass of water on the counter next to the toaster and walked back to my room to continue sleeping. I woke up around 9:57 A.M. I walk to the kitchen, and notice the glass of water that was left over from the night before. Seeing that glass of water immediately reminds me of why i had to get up and get a drink of water the night before, because if my dream of me saving the day.

Pondering on the thought of me being a super hero, brought a peculiar thought to my mind. I realized I did not have to be this amazingly fast, flying super hero that wears a suit, to save the day. I am a hero within myself. Just by doing a kind act of complimenting someone can make someone's day. Being appreciative and showing respect can make me a hero. Giving someone good advice and maintaining a positive attitude can make me a hero. Everyone can and has been a hero to someone. It is all about finding the hero in you, and you can conquer anything.